Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The post on the veteran svt 40 thar was up the other day put me in a mood to see everyone else's beat up, no blue remaining rifles. If you have some good ones please post a pic.
heres mine.
top is a 39 tula. the gun is about 5% on the blue above the woodline. I think the mag was replaced at some point. The reciever is totally in the white.
next is a 36 tula almost no blue remaining.
at the bottom is my non rework 1932 m27. its a little better on the blue than the other two but still has been through a lot.

·
Silver Bullet member
474 Posts
Re:

My SkY has very little blue and the stock is in very rough shape. The M91, non finned, is also in rough shape. Both bores are pretty well shot out.

jeff

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I sold a Sestroryetsk M91 to a Gunboards member a couple of years ago and the entire rifle was in the white.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,440 Posts
Of all the rifles I own, this one is in the worst condition...

Finn M24 with Bohler Stahl barrel. Has some blue remaining, but it is very thin at the points where we would expect it to be carried or held during parade. [SA] marked, crossed out CG number. Bore is suffering the effects of not being cleaned properly after shooting corrosive ammo, and is very near to being poked. If it hasn't seen active service in WW2, then it has been carried by almost every Finn conscript since then!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I have too many battle rifles to have a favorite. It seems I collect "battle rifles". Speaking of which, I should be posting tomorrow night on a new purchase that I think is rather interesting. I don't want to say too much because the deal isn't complete yet. Anyways, here's a variety of pictures of some of my battle rifles. I just had to throw in the picture of the Nagant. There are few unrefurbished examples out there and I particularly like this one. It's not import marked and it makes me wonder if it came out of Finland years ago.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,440 Posts
fernleaf, if that's your worst condition rifle then you have a very pretty collection indeed!
Thank you very much. It's also the only rifle I have EVER owned with a mismatched bolt.

I go for original as issued rifles in as good a condition as I can find, and I try to aviod refurbs.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Here's my roughest looking rifle. She's a 1909 Imperial Tula M-91. I wouldn't even hazard a guess on the condition, extermally. But, she has a great bore and is a fine shooter. Oh, and she is SA marked. Wish I had a cleaning rod for her.

Never mind. I did the same thing as trhe last time I uploaded pics, and nothing happened this time. Oh well. I finally get a camera and now it works 50-50.

I am Murphy's $3 Bitch!

·
Gold Bullet member
757 Posts
Nice rifles guys.
My one and only Finn. ,looks to have "been there done that".

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Of all the rifles I own, this one is in the worst condition...

Finn M24 with Bohler Stahl barrel. Has some blue remaining, but it is very thin at the points where we would expect it to be carried or held during parade. [SA] marked, crossed out CG number. Bore is suffering the effects of not being cleaned properly after shooting corrosive ammo, and is very near to being poked. If it hasn't seen active service in WW2, then it has been carried by almost every Finn conscript since then!

Heck, this looks great. I love that look!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts