Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
e/749 is Gustloff Weimar, - it is the only acceptance (e/46 very early..), e/1 is not Gustloff Weimar, never was and this is no new revelation.. e/1, l/L has been identified LONG ago as Astrawerke.
KenH wrote extensively on this as have others, - back in the 90's.. Gustloff Weimar made many things, the 98k wasn't one of them, - they "assembled" the 98k from others parts (why you see the final as e/749, pretty basic stuff we have gone over here probably 50 times before?)

Hopefully someone will know if the waffen is correct or not? Although I just found this and it looks just like mine.
http://www.militaryantiquesmuseum.c...php?step=20&searchunder=prodid&searchfor=5109

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
e/749 is Gustloff Weimar, - it is the only acceptance (e/46 very early..), e/1 is not Gustloff Weimar, never was and this is no new revelation.. e/1, l/L has been identified LONG ago as Astrawerke.
KenH wrote extensively on this as have others, - back in the 90's.. Gustloff Weimar made many things, the 98k wasn't one of them, - they "assembled" the 98k from others parts (why you see the final as e/749, pretty basic stuff we have gone over here probably 50 times before?)
Not really basic for me : ) So, after all that Im assuming that it has the correct stamp?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.