Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone would know why my barrel has AVK on the top and under the stock on the bottom of the barrel it also has the code BYS? Its dated 43?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Man there must be a lot of suckers out there who will pay that much for a demilled RC????
Why would someone pay $425.00 for a demill when they can get a real rifle working RC for $250.00?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
e/749 is Gustloff Weimar, - it is the only acceptance (e/46 very early..), e/1 is not Gustloff Weimar, never was and this is no new revelation.. e/1, l/L has been identified LONG ago as Astrawerke.
KenH wrote extensively on this as have others, - back in the 90's.. Gustloff Weimar made many things, the 98k wasn't one of them, - they "assembled" the 98k from others parts (why you see the final as e/749, pretty basic stuff we have gone over here probably 50 times before?)

Hopefully someone will know if the waffen is correct or not? Although I just found this and it looks just like mine.
http://www.militaryantiquesmuseum.c...php?step=20&searchunder=prodid&searchfor=5109

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
e/749 is Gustloff Weimar, - it is the only acceptance (e/46 very early..), e/1 is not Gustloff Weimar, never was and this is no new revelation.. e/1, l/L has been identified LONG ago as Astrawerke.
KenH wrote extensively on this as have others, - back in the 90's.. Gustloff Weimar made many things, the 98k wasn't one of them, - they "assembled" the 98k from others parts (why you see the final as e/749, pretty basic stuff we have gone over here probably 50 times before?)
Not really basic for me : ) So, after all that Im assuming that it has the correct stamp?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts