Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to experiment again with barrel wrapping. I had bedded my stocks with linseed oiled felt and barrels wrapped with friction tape to improve accuracy. I selected one of my '43 PU restored snipers last week and removed the friction tape and re-wrapped it with a strip of wool felt oiled with BLO. I cut the tape to about ¾" and oiled it. It becomes very stretchy and I pre-stretched it to about ½" width and wrapped the barrel. It seems to have improved the group size considerably though the re-wrap apparently threw off my zero. The first 3 consecutive cold- shot shot group at 100 yards was within 20mm. I then chased the sights until I found my rough zero again. The second target shows the group at 100m with the previous friction tape wrap, about 25mm apart.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Thanks for posting this!

I wouldn't want you to mess up what you've got going with this rifle, but if you should have it apart, or do it to another rifle, please post some pics. I would love to see how you're doing it, as I take a great interest in these techniques.

Thanks!

John

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.