Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,205 Posts
Welcome to the forum . Is it on the exposed front end of the barrel where we see import markings ? Check the spelling with a magnifying glass . Maybe an importer abbreviation : " Sacramento Arms 2000 " ?????????? If there is such an importer ? Other than that , it does not seem to be a Swedish marking .

·
9,205 Posts
I don't recognize the import marking . Are you in the USA ? Your barrel was replaced at the Karlsborg army workshop ( Crown/CB ) . Note the barrel vise markings on the barrel . We have seen that before , but we have no explanation for them ?????????

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't recognize the import marking . Are you in the USA ? Your barrel was replaced at the Karlsborg army workshop ( Crown/CB ) . Note the barrel vise markings on the barrel . We have seen that before , but we have no explanation for them ?????????

According to the gunsmith where it was purchased has been replaced in the years 50/60. Inside the receiver is near the mark crown GF and the barrel is the mark Ck (k is in C)

·
9,205 Posts
Are importers in Italy required to put import markings on rifles . Could it be a German or Italian import marking ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are importers in Italy required to put import markings on rifles . Could it be a German or Italian import marking ?
It 'very difficult to say, but do not think the Italian importer put the marks. Only the italian office for control arms put No. catalog and letters for the year of verification. I think the mark "Arms Scan 00" is referred to a Swedish company.
What do you think?

·
9,205 Posts
I have not seen any markings from Sweden like that . I have no idea what it means . It is not original to the rifle . Maybe someone else will see this post & know the answer to your question . Sorry that I cannot help you .

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
2,660 Posts
Some observations....

The 'scan arms 00' is engraved, not stamped. Or it appears to be.

The CB is also stamped on the bottom of the receiver. Have we seen this before? I don't recall seeing it like that.

The barrel appears to have a lot of machine marks on the chamber shank. Is it a "late" spare barrel? What other markings are on the chamber shank besides the crown/CB?

It seems, from past experience, that most arms, surplus arms like the m/96, when found in Holland or Italy were first exported out of Germany. The thing is that most of these German-exported milsurp seem to have proof markings indicating proof firing.

This image is from a m/96 in the Netherlands that was obviously proofed and imported from Germany as it's a modern German proofmark.

Dutchman

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts