Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

First post here. I recently picked up a Star Model B Super and really like it, maybe better than my Colt pre-Series 70 9mm Commander. Anyway, when field stripping, I cannot get the barrel bushing to budge in order to take the barrel completely out of the slide. I picked up a pair of pliers but though I ought to ask first if there's something I've missed or any "tricks." Any bushing wrenches for one of these?

Thanks!

·
Registered
389 Posts
I to recently got a Star Super B.Fired it with tight group dead on.Love It. I also have a B model from 1943. The Super B bushing if I recall correctly coms out After you remove the slide, ( Push release lever on right side) The B model comes out like a Colt. Although my B bushing is tight and takes some Jiggeling to loosen it. Sgt.Ron.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I was pretty sure that was how to take the bushing off. I just wanted to be a little cautious before putting a lot of muscle into it. BTW, from my one range trip, I absolutely live this pistol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.