Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
15,733 Posts
Those pole rockets sure look like drawings and re-creations seen on ancient weapons on the history channel relating to China and medieval Europe.

Sort of a poor man's nebelwerfer.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,733 Posts
Caption?

I don't see any caption? But then Adogs can testify I have trouble seeing things.

Poor man's exploding rocket. I'd hate to be on the receiving end of a barrage!

·
Kryptonite member
5,764 Posts
There's an army Unit history around here somewhere that shows two dead IJA fellows in the Philippines carrying (who carried) metal spear heads on long poles. Probably why they are dead, outgunned (out poled?)

Garfield, a "pole mine" is a pole that belongs to Josh! You should know that.

·
Kryptonite member
5,764 Posts
I thought so too, flea bait.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Is that spear/lance from guam likely a desperation weapon ,or the concious choice of someone convienced of his samuri roots,selecting a more "traditional" weapon for his final meeting with the enemy. A gesture at bushido honor..other warrior races have done that also..Just a thought ,that thing looks pretty well made, like a working class Yari or something.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The objects on the sticks in the second pic look similar to the special high explosive headed arrows for the strengthened crossbow (1945) shown in ordnance technical intelligence report number 19. They held 100 to 200 grams of explosive and were effective to 50 yards.

0)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi Whitesharkseeker,
I was wondering where you got this picture and if I could use it in my up coming book "Bayonets of Japan"? I haven't been able to find any pictures of real pole bayonets being used but this would be a good start. Please drop me a line at [email protected] and lets see if we can get this in, thanks.
Raymond

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.