Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At gunshow set up I picked up these three badges, perhaps I screwed up? I paid $100 each...

He had a entire collection that supposedly came from a Corporal from the 1st Marine Division that was there during WW2, he has a small guard Nambu and about 15 more of assorted badges.

Comments?

types and values?

There is a really cool one with a crane on it...

Thanks,

Ed

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet member
4,345 Posts
These are all variations of veteran's association badges. The one without the Anchor is, I believe, Civil Defense. They generally go for less than you paid. Folks are unfamiliar, so they don't know how to price or pay. Ebay is a good guide.

·
Administrator
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I was taken by how nice they were, I think I will take them back to the dealer and trade for different ones, so I don't have the same ones...

·
Registered
198 Posts
They don't fetch the prices the military wards do, but honestly they can be much nicer looking (or at least more military looking). Many Japanese medals were awarded for anniversaries and commencements. Very few are actually for gallantry or wounds. Total opposite of the Germans who had a medal for every possible scenario. My favorite is the medal for service in the first Sino-Japanese war (1894-95). These medals are made from melted down Chinese cannons! (like the British Victoria cross)

Here is a decent place to learn more. http://members.shaw.ca/nambuworld/medals.htm

While Teri runs and excellent Nambu pistol site, her pages on Japanese militaria are also very good.

I'm not sure on the exact prices as I do not pay close attentiohttp://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?167509-Badges-worthn to the type of pins you bought...but from what I remember they sell for nearly a quarter for what you paid...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.