Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched this old John Wayne movie last nite & had forgotten that it was actually a pretty decent flick. It's a little hokey but still good. It's been years since I last saw it. I was looking closely at the weapons being used. I saw a couple of nice T-99s with pods & dust covers and the actor Paul Fix (he was the sheriff on "The Rifleman" TV series) was carrying a really nice looking T-38 carbine. They had these weapons but still had the Japanese officer using a Luger and one of the Japanese troops was carrying a Gew-98. I wonder what became of those rifles - especially that T-38 carbine!

·
Silver Bullet member
15,637 Posts
I watched it (again) twice last week. It is one of the better ones.

There was also a repeat program on the Death March this past week, I don't remember if it was on the History channel or the Military channel. Really well done documentary with interviews of the survivors.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The movie does show the Cabanataun rescue, but I really wasn't aware of this amazing rescue until "The Great Raid" came out. Awesome story!

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
The T 38 carbine ended up in Andy Griffith's gunrack in the Mayberry Sheriff's Office.

My suggestion, anyways

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
No. ADogs sold me that carbine. I found the movie studio property tag & name of movie behind butt plate.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The T 38 carbine ended up in Andy Griffith's gunrack in the Mayberry Sheriff's Office.

My suggestion, anyways
I noticed that carbine way back when the show was new.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No. ADogs sold me that carbine. I found the movie studio property tag & name of movie behind butt plate.
Guess I need to go through all my remaining buttplates! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts