Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Finn collection is largely M91's, so when this came up I figured I had to have it. More of a novelty item than anything important, I'm sure it was assembled long after the Wars and, judging from the bore, saw very few (if any) rounds put through it. As shown, the receiver is from a '38 Tula. Kind of funny- I didn't even notice the round receiver until I had looked at the photos a couple of times.

Ruprecht DSCN9094.jpg DSCN9105.jpg DSCN9099sm.jpg DSCN9096.JPG DSCN9083.JPG DSCN9091.JPG DSCN9076.JPG DSCN9027.JPG DSCN9025.JPG

·
Gold Bullet member
10,483 Posts
Beautiful example! :thumbsup:

·
Moderator/Silver Bullet Member
17,263 Posts
And to think, that beautiful thing was made to be thrashed around on a battlefield. Oh, the horror!

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,855 Posts
Super!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wow, round receiver, M91, B barrel, and a GORGEOUS stock. Doesn’t get much better than that, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Stunning round receiver B barrel Sir, Yours makes mine look plain in comparison. Mine has a 1937 Izhevsk receiver. Out of curiosity, does yours happen to have a M27 trigger in it? I ask because I've noted 5 round receiver B barrel M91's, including mine, that do. With only a dozen or so of these documented 5 is a pretty high sampling and I've always wondered if the Finn's did it on purpose.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stunning round receiver B barrel Sir, Yours makes mine look plain in comparison. Mine has a 1937 Izhevsk receiver. Out of curiosity, does yours happen to have a M27 trigger in it? I ask because I've noted 5 round receiver B barrel M91's, including mine, that do. With only a dozen or so of these documented 5 is a pretty high sampling and I've always wondered if the Finn's did it on purpose.
SSG_Lord: Just a regular trigger on mine. I see our serial numbers are quite far apart- do you know if these "B-barrels" are scattered widely through the VKT serial range? The only other thing about this one, upon that I noted, upon disassembly, was very good bedding without shims. Thanks for the info and for showing yours. regards.

Ruprecht

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
16,411 Posts
I got one of those. I went in to buy a Tula M44 that Bullseye and Panhead Bill referred to me.

After I said "I'll take it", the shop owner asked I would be interested in another. Went outside to his truck and he pulled this out...

20111002_1.JPG 20111002_2.JPG 20111002_7.JPG

$150 That was 2004 or so. Still have it.

Yours looks like it came from the collection of a long past deceased member who I admired very much. He had so many beautifully stripped Finn's... Damn! I can't remember his tag.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts