Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my LGS and a customer brought in a J&G sales ad and wanted the dealer to order and transfer 2 91/30 Hex receivers. He was paying for bore hand pick and hand pick for matching #'s. He was also looking at my Type 53 that is there for sale. He then said he was going to cut down barrel add a flash suppressor and get a archangel stock, I said why get the matching #'s when all collector value will be gone after he rides the Bubba express. I told his wife not to let him butcher any rifle before 1930, I said just keep it for an investment then get a type 53 or a wartime "Izzy" that he can ruin instead. .............. Or get a modern rifle for less money that will shoot even better. It's too bad the dealer sold his Mosin Bubba model he had in stock a few weeks back.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Let's see....

A) "It's my rifle, I'll do whatever I want with it."
B) "Collectable? They only made 30 MILLION of them."
C) "It's already been refinished and isn't original anyway."
D) All of the above.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The wife said she wouldn't let a pre 1930 become a Bubba special. I could've made him buy the Type 53 but it's not my place to change a deal he worked out with the owner. I figured if I could save a pre 1930 that would be better than nothing.

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,996 Posts
First of all, what is an LGS? Last gas station? Large girl store? Loose goose shop? Speak English! Secondly, it's none of your freaking business, what this guy buys, and what he does with it. Pre 1930, doesn't matter. They are all multiple refurbs, and very far away from original. AND, as was deleted: I'm sick and tired of Izzy, Romy, Westy, and Shotty. Grow a pair, and type what you're talking about.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Let's see....

A) "It's my rifle, I'll do whatever I want with it."
B) "Collectable? They only made 30 MILLION of them."
C) "It's already been refinished and isn't original anyway."
D) All of the above.
Does removing the cosmoline count as ruining the "originality" of a re-stocked, reblued, re-numbered, lined-out-numbered, cheap-shellac'ed 91/30?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Holy crap! Did this thread go down hill fast!

The wife said she wouldn't let a pre 1930 become a Bubba special. I could've made him buy the Type 53 but it's not my place to change a deal he worked out with the owner. I figured if I could save a pre 1930 that would be better than nothing.
Hey, I'll throw in my .02.

No you couldn't MAKE him buy the type53. Yes you were trying to CHANGE a deal he had worked out.

What bugs me more than Izzy, et all is people that don't know the difference between to and too, their, there and they're, were and where.....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Maybe a little decaff would help with grumpy replies but rifles have been bubba'd from the beginning of time since they have been made. I don't know why someone would dump hundreds of dollars into converting a Mosin but whatever blows up thier pant leg is ok by me. It gives me a idea about what not to do if I ever decide to customize a Mosin. It is also a lot of fun trying to figure out just why the rifle got bubba'd that way.

·
Registered
440 Posts
People do surprising thing when it comes to guns . About 4 years back Samco was selling consecutive serial numbers rifles from a block of Yugoslavia SKS and also were selling non consecutive numbers . Some one posted they were going to buy 1 of these consecutive serial rifles . For $50.00 extra Samco was glad to sell him 1 . Hey , Its his money .

·
Banned
48,526 Posts
First of all, what is an LGS? Last gas station? Large girl store? Loose goose shop? Speak English! Secondly, it's none of your freaking business, what this guy buys, and what he does with it. Pre 1930, doesn't matter. They are all multiple refurbs, and very far away from original. AND, as was deleted: I'm sick and tired of Izzy, Romy, Westy, and Shotty. Grow a pair, and type what you're talking about.
HMMMMMMM. Trenchwarfare, I have plenty of pictures of "large girls", but I am noy supposed to post them here.:( Just in the Minefield.:laugh: Tell us more about the Large Girl Store.........It sound cool. Just sayin.

·
Admin Emeritus
19,077 Posts
amen brother and you'd think a 10+ member would know better

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.