Gunboards Forums banner

Axis Arms has new M91 TS listings

3K views 47 replies 12 participants last post by  matthew9447 
Bold claim! OK, good nature jab- absolutely no disrespect and please forgive any spelling/typos. I took a few minutes on the il (Italian) website to grab all the Carcano maker names I could find. That was 15 !

Armaguerra Cremona
Beretta
Beretta Gardone
Brescia
FNA Brescia
FNAB
Gardone Val Trompia
M.B.T.
Mida
Napolene e Vittorio Castelli
Peitro Lorenzotti
Roma
Terni
Torino
Torre Annunziata

I was being a little cute, posting all those names.

I think it depends. Brescia, Cremona, Gardone, Roma, Torino and Terni are all places in Italy. Brescia is also a company or arsenal. FNA appears to be another maker in Brescia. I would guess both FNA are the same? And both Beretta are the same? This is one question where a lot of Google time or reference book reading is needed to sort out the time frames, relationships, makers and rebuilding and barrel stamping and over-stamping. Probably no quick answer.

Axis, went from a total unknown to my favorite 91TS seller. I called. The owner answers the phone and instead of blowing me off he tells me only 5 Beretta left and then listed the $199 TS remaining by makers. He is right in the room with the guns! No clerk taking orders who might pass a note to a box stuffer in a warehouse who presumably can read. He ships to a C&R, has a secure checkout and will ship any way YOU want it. Absolute breath of fresh air. It was as-if customer satisfaction actually mattered. There is Palmeto, who wont even answer the phone. And Buds, only takes calls after an order is placed. All I ever asked (DK, JG) was to get the model or features agreed on, in a sound stock and a barrel that will clean up marginally ok. And nothing busted or missing.

Now, the wait begins. I have a tracking #.

Ah, and for those into Cavalry models he has a batch on order and promises a very good price.

I received mine today as well. They are a little rougher than I was expecting but both are complete. Bores on both are decent. The FNA has a large crack in the wrist and a loose handgaurd (really loose). The Gardone valtrompia stock is solid but has been heavily sanded. Overall I'm kinda disappointed.
Oh boy, now I am getting worried. I have enough junk already.

Heads up. Axis sold out the Beretta's. He does have one Beretta left in the "accuracy stamped" group. I am told, that has a crack on the side of the stock. A few stocks are dry, shrunk and developed cracks. So; there is a draw back on one hand. On the other hand, you get two features in a single gun. I would call and ask if interested. Would be a shame if two people made the same request or it was boxed up over night.

I hope this is not the end for PW Arms and the TS carbines. Does anyone have a contact or inside info? Palmetto is simple not setup to cater to the customer.

Damn, looks like I was a couple of days too late to the party. All they have left is the $289 ones. I was thinking of getting 2 or 3 of the $199 ones to have a better chance at one without a crack in the stock. Might still get the Lorenzotti before they sell out...
Sorry, Lorenzotti are long gone.

I did a crack repair and the result turned out very well. It was only the hand guard. I might make a separate post, the clamping was tricky. It dried up perfectly. I admit, I would rather not have to do this. It was the only option I had to get a Beretta and the gun looks really nice. I dont consider how it started, but; rather how it ended up.

I just finished cleaning and oiling one of the $200 guns and plan to post pics right now. For me, as a DIY home repair guy, a dramatic before and after. I can still smell the linseed oil in the kitchen. All my clothes and hands too. I hope that smell goes away before Jan 2nd when my wife returns.

(sorry quoted the wrong post)

This is great news. I think only 50% more/less of the TS carbines are accounted for. These was even a hand full of 91/38TS sold. I got one already, but; that would be a nice addition for anyone making a collection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.