Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Nice! I ordered a Beretta and requested an FNA. Looking forward to seeing pics of what you get.
I ordered a Beretta as well and also requested an FNA. I requested a Gardone valtrompia in addition. If I get what I requested, I'll have all the manufacturers. Collecting these carbines has brought me the most enjoyment out of the hobby I've had in years. I also look forward to seeing yours.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Bold claim! OK, good nature jab- absolutely no disrespect and please forgive any spelling/typos. I took a few minutes on the il (Italian) website to grab all the Carcano maker names I could find. That was 15 !

Armaguerra Cremona
Beretta
Beretta Gardone
Brescia
FNA Brescia
FNAB
Gardone Val Trompia
M.B.T.
Mida
Napolene e Vittorio Castelli
Peitro Lorenzotti
Roma
Terni
Torino
Torre Annunziata

·
Registered
552 Posts
Are the different but similar names just different names of the same manufacturer that were used in different years? Like are Brescia, FNA Brescia, and FNAB just different terms for the same manufacturer? Are Beretta, Beretta Gardone, and Gardone Val Trompia the same?

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
I was being a little cute, posting all those names.

I think it depends. Brescia, Cremona, Gardone, Roma, Torino and Terni are all places in Italy. Brescia is also a company or arsenal. FNA appears to be another maker in Brescia. I would guess both FNA are the same? And both Beretta are the same? This is one question where a lot of Google time or reference book reading is needed to sort out the time frames, relationships, makers and rebuilding and barrel stamping and over-stamping. Probably no quick answer.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
There is some duplication. Beretta and Beretta Gardone are one and the same; same for FNA Brescia and FNAB. You might also see FNA alone. Brescia would be the Fabbrica d'Armi di Brescia, a government arsenal. Gardone val Trompia is the SFARE (Sezione Fabbrica d'Armi Regio Esercito). Complete breakout with histories and details of government and private manufacturers on pages 208-216 of Italian Small Arms of the First and Second World Wars. .

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
8,086 Posts
Sezione Fabbrica d'Armi Regio Esercito di Gardone Val Trompia (SFARE GVT) is not associated with Fabbrica d'Armi Pietro Berretta di Gardone Val Trompia but both are located in the town of Gardone Val Trompia which is just north of the city of Brescia. They were located right door next to each other and GVT was and is still a military installation to this day.
FNA or FNA-B is Fabbrica Nazionale d'Armi which was located in the city of Brescia and before 1919 it was a government owned manufactory called as Fabbrica d'Armi Regio Esercito di Brescia, after that date it became a private owned manufactory that did contracts with the governement as Fabbrica d'Armi Regio Esercito di Brescia moved north to become SFARE GVT. Then you had Fabbrica d'Armi Regio Esercito di Terni located in the city of Terni.

·
Registered
552 Posts
FNA or FNA-B is Fabbrica Nazionale d'Armi which was located in the city of Brescia and before 1919 it was a government owned manufactory called as Fabbrica d'Armi Regio Esercito di Brescia, after that date it became a private owned manufactory that did contracts with the governement as Fabbrica d'Armi Regio Esercito di Brescia moved north to become SFARE GVT. Then you had Fabbrica d'Armi Regio Esercito di Terni located in the city of Terni.
Thanks to the both of your for the great information. So we should see “Brescia” before 1919 and FNA, FNA-B, or FNA-Brescia after?

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
8,086 Posts
Thanks to the both of your for the great information. So we should see “Brescia” before 1919 and FNA, FNA-B, or FNA-Brescia after?
correct

On 2 March 1945 FNA was targeted by a massive air raid and it was completely leveled to the ground. The church of St. Afra now called Siante Angela Merici which was located in the in "Via dell'Arsenale" now called Francesco Crispi was directly hit and collapsed causing the death of 21 people who had sought refuge there.
After WWII the main building the HQ and Signals Section of Brigata Meccanizzata "Brescia" were accommodated there but following the post-cold war reorganization of the Italian Army the Brigata was disbanded, the barracks were left empty and finally turned into private flats and offices.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Axis, went from a total unknown to my favorite 91TS seller. I called. The owner answers the phone and instead of blowing me off he tells me only 5 Beretta left and then listed the $199 TS remaining by makers. He is right in the room with the guns! No clerk taking orders who might pass a note to a box stuffer in a warehouse who presumably can read. He ships to a C&R, has a secure checkout and will ship any way YOU want it. Absolute breath of fresh air. It was as-if customer satisfaction actually mattered. There is Palmeto, who wont even answer the phone. And Buds, only takes calls after an order is placed. All I ever asked (DK, JG) was to get the model or features agreed on, in a sound stock and a barrel that will clean up marginally ok. And nothing busted or missing.

Now, the wait begins. I have a tracking #.

Ah, and for those into Cavalry models he has a batch on order and promises a very good price.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow, I ordered two 91TS on Monday around 3:00 and they already showed up today! Both the Beretta and FNA are in great shape and matching. I agree, Matt at Axis is great to deal with. Will post pictures soon. Merry Christmas everyone!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I received mine today as well. They are a little rougher than I was expecting but both are complete. Bores on both are decent. The FNA has a large crack in the wrist and a loose handgaurd (really loose). The Gardone valtrompia stock is solid but has been heavily sanded. Overall I'm kinda disappointed.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I received mine today as well. They are a little rougher than I was expecting but both are complete. Bores on both are decent. The FNA has a large crack in the wrist and a loose handgaurd (really loose). The Gardone valtrompia stock is solid but has been heavily sanded. Overall I'm kinda disappointed.
Did you get a Beretta as well?

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Oh boy, now I am getting worried. I have enough junk already.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.