Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Emailed axis looking for a good lever lock moschetto. They said they found me a decent 1918 model. Was really excited to get it. Got it in my hands today and was thrilled with it until i noticed the barrel is significantly bent. Well damn! And he has no more.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have ordered six rifles from axis. Owner seems like a good guy so we'll see what happens. If i wasnt a shooter id say no biggie but i shoot these a lot.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These are awesome collectible Italian M91 Moschetto Carcano Cavalry Carbine that you won’t be afraid to take to the range.

Haha, i am afraid to take it to the range!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hopefully someone got a decent rifle from the "$199 sale" batch from Axis. So far all I've heard on this forum about them was that they are project guns at best. Communication with Matt was always easy and he ships super quickly, but his latest Carcano's seem to be the leftovers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I ordered a Beretta Carcano from Axis. I talked to Matt and he said he would personally pick a nice one for me. I got a real beater. Mood terrible, metal rusted and bore a total mess. I sent it back and Axis refunded my cost back to me. I had over $50.00 in shipping costs NOT refunded. You must drive over to the shop to find a keeper. Rumor mill has his entire shipment as bottom of the barrel rejects. Buyer beware.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,894 Posts
I had a 98k that had a barrel worse than that. A gun smith that once worked for InterArms was able to straighten it. He had some sort of screw drive press.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I ordered a Beretta Carcano from Axis. I talked to Matt and he said he would personally pick a nice one for me. I got a real beater. Mood terrible, metal rusted and bore a total mess. I sent it back and Axis refunded my cost back to me. I had over $50.00 in shipping costs NOT refunded. You must drive over to the shop to find a keeper. Rumor mill has his entire shipment as bottom of the barrel rejects. Buyer beware.
I disagree that his entire shipment were bottom of the barrel rejects. He's been selling them for months and had plenty of nice rifles. I bought a total of eight Carcanos from him (seven M91TS and one Moschetto) and all were in very nice shape. The few remaining rifles he had left all had some issues and he priced accordingly.

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
7,357 Posts
The one I got from him was really nice, he hand-picked it for me as I wanted a certain date on mine, it was not a beater
FNA-B 1942

Patrick

Attachments

Reactions: Randy R

·
Registered
133 Posts
I recently got one of his 199 specials. My first "ugly gun" turned out to be a bit of a let down, but this one was actually quite nice! A nice FNA Brescia from 1938 with a push button (all as requested). Very very minor cracks in the stock. Bore condition isn't great but it's probably fine to shoot.

PDGmUJA - Imgur.jpg

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
The Carcanos I bought from Axis Arms weren’t in pristine condition, but they were as advertised and priced reasonably for what they were. The random luck of the draw offerings by some other dealers can be fun, like buying a lottery ticket. There’s always the chance you can win big, but the odds are that you’ll do no better than break even. Axis Arms is the only dealer where I’ll hit the “buy” button for something that interests me without concern that I’ll end up regretting it.

·
Sponsor/Silver Bullet Member
482 Posts
I usually don't respond to forum threads, but this guy has been bashing me non-stop on the Beretta Carbine that I sent him. To say the rifles that I received were "bottom of the barrel rejects" is slander as these were purchased from the same grouping that all other companies purchased from, sorted by condition, and all priced accordingly. Haters are going to hate, but continually lying to everyone on a gun forum is really coming off as pretty petty.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Matt: I am unhappy. True. I called you and talked over the purchase and went ahead. YOU said YOU would personally pick out a keeper for me. Really? Partner, it was a piece of junk, sorry. My check didn't bounce but the Carcano did! Not sorry to be petty, if that is what you think. But it cost me over $50.00 to inspect a piece of junk. Are you out money because of this deal? Sir, you are shipping junk.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Matt: I am unhappy. True. I called you and talked over the purchase and went ahead. YOU said YOU would personally pick out a keeper for me. Really? Partner, it was a piece of junk, sorry. My check didn't bounce but the Carcano did! Not sorry to be petty, if that is what you think. But it cost me over $50.00 to inspect a piece of junk. Are you out money because of this deal? Sir, you are shipping junk.
I don’t have a dog in this fight but we can all get burned from time to time buying sight-unseen surplus. Just the nature of the beast im afraid. Even if it’s junk keep it in the back of the closet for a couple years and I bet you make money on it..... it’s what I’m doing with a couple.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts