Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up in a trade today from a guy on facebook, it's the basic rc but has mirror bright bore and butter smooth action. Nothing matches as usual but I'm not concerned about it. I read a while back that AX coded rifles are somewhat scarce, is that true?

Thanks,
George

Attachments

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Yeah, that looks great, and goes to show that recent imports really can be desireable. I mean, I am absolutely thrilled with my recent rusty gold k98's, I have been lucky to get several with unpeened/unhacked waffens, and one such with unpeened waffens is completely matching metal(once you wipe the grime and rust off) and wood, except non match bolt, got another in like condition but with hacked waffens but original early hardwood stock and all matching numbers including faint numbers on the buttplate, yet another with an attempt at grinding the waffens that didn't work too well for them. But of course, I go for "been there and done that" look on guns even if that means the rifle no longer has a pristine bore but at least a useable bore. They are all century arms marked of course, and ex romanian use obviously.

I've picked up several yugo k98 refurbs even though I swore off rifles excessively changed like those, but only if I see one locally or a total description on the net for vg bore condition, most of those left for sale all these years later alot of places have dark roll of the dice bores. My first k98 back in the 1990's was a pristine big 5 yugo k98 package with bayo, sling and ww2 german frog and actual ww2 german ammo pouches, wished I had never sold it to a friend who had it drilled and tapped in the rear for a receiver sight, then he removed the rear sight and actually bent the sight base ears outward for some wierd reason, but it was a plain jane excellent bore rifle that taught me alot about mausers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts