Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vic,
Will we be able to upload or link to a custom avatar?

Thanks for all your hard work on the boards!

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
Yes its in your cp panel on the upper left. Its your profile control panel and you can pick from some or upload a custon one there. Just follow the directions. Edit profile/ signature etc... set your age right as well.

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
well that may be a problem....

·
Silver Bullet member
4,753 Posts
There must be some sort of "COPPA Interlock"; I can't reset my age without "parental permission", and I don't even have the option of a custom avatar - probably because I might put up something Mom wouldn't like.

Not complaining, mind you - it is still "Day One".

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not seeing the option, but what the heck it's only a minor issue that's not a biggie

Not a biggie - but something that would be neat to be able to do (use my avatar). I figure the settings will get updated eventually - I'm not into to big of a rush. ;) :D

·
Registered
21,154 Posts
I hope we get to use our own avatar in the near future, but I'm more worried about the "Parental Permission" part right now.

BTW - Did anyone else have to reset their password to log in? And did everyone lose their ability to get into the GumpyOldMen and Minefield forums?

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
59,964 Posts
Everybody has to reset their password to get into this board. I understand that the names were carried over, but passwords were not. It was not a big deal in resetting it.

As to the two forums you mentioned, I do not think that they are open yet. Maybe those mods are taking a few days off.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I just got done rattling around there and find no way to enter a custom avatar either.
I expect that's just one of the bugs to iron out.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Yes its in your cp panel on the upper left. Its your profile control panel and you can pick from some or upload a custon one there. Just follow the directions. Edit profile/ signature etc... set your age right as well.
Nope. See my earlier reply in this thread with the enclosed screen capture of my "edit avatar" page. Like I stated in that thread, it's no big deal ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep! It's working now. :cool:

Thank you to Vic & Tuco for solving the problem! :D

Chuck
Agreed, thanks again for getting it solved. :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
...signature pic

....had no problem with my avatar pic-but the pic I wanted to add to my signature shows up just fine when I preview it-but not when I post-as far as I know I've done everything correctly-but all that shows up is text....is it me,or...?????

·
Premium Member
9,941 Posts
....had no problem with my avatar pic-but the pic I wanted to add to my signature shows up just fine when I preview it-but not when I post-as far as I know I've done everything correctly-but all that shows up is text....is it me,or...?????
We are not showing these yet -

·
Registered
21,154 Posts
WHOOHOO!!!!! Pete's back in the saddle! Thanks Vic & Tuco!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
:) :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts