Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"P": a friend just got the diopter sight. Like me, he would like to get the adjustable height front sight, since it also allows use of the iron sights without having to remove the mounting. When will the next production run be available?

Also, I'd like to remind you that I would really appreciate a front sight hood threaded at the front to accept the Gehmann "Adlerauge" lens.

If any one else would like to have a front-threaded front sight tunnel, how about posting here so "P" can get an idea how many to make.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
It's going to take a fair number or requests to make this happen. I forgot to mention something about this quite a while ago.
It's not just a matter of threading the front end. The sight would require a re-designing altogether. There's not enough of the tunnel protruding beyond the existing face for enough threads to be cut.
I'll talk to my shop foreman in the morning.

·
Gold Bullet member
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's going to take a fair number or requests to make this happen. I forgot to mention something about this quite a while ago.
It's not just a matter of threading the front end. The sight would require a re-designing altogether. There's not enough of the tunnel protruding beyond the existing face for enough threads to be cut.
I'll talk to my shop foreman in the morning.
Latigo: the adjustable height tunnel is the same length as the original. A number of years ago a friend -retired machinist - threaded the front for me. The "Adlerauge" only needs about 6 threads. Unfortunately my friend is no longer able to do this sort of precision work any more. Bicycle part Auto part Metal Household hardware Nut

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.