Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I am looking for a couple Husky parts and was wondering if anyone knew where I could purchase them. I need a set of triggerguard lock screws for an old FN 98 actioned Husqvarna Model 648. They seem to be a different thread pitch than most lock screws that I can find. Also, I need a rear sight elevator and a magazine for a Model 1622 Husqvarna. Maybe someone has a parts gun that would be willing to sell these items. I was going to post this on the WTB but figured I would put it here if that was ok. Probably ge more info here. Thanks in advance.

Regards

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Hi 264magnum and Welcome to the forum,

You've come to the right place - although replacement factory magazines for the HVA .22 rifles are virtually non-existent, our resident Husqvarna .22 guru, Mauser22, has the remedy. Check out this post on the forum here:
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=3467
For the sight elevator, if one of the members here doesn't have an extra, perhaps someone here could provide a dimensional drawing of the appropriate elevator. Then it could be easily fabricated with available materials.

The lock screw situation is interesting. I have never seen a 648 with lock screw triggerguard. None of mine have them. Hmmm, don't know what to say about that. Is there a possibility that the triggerguard was a non HVA/FN 98 replacement? Maybe one of the masters knows. Can you post some photos of your rifle?
Update:
Ah Ha! The brain finally kicked in. The Model 146 HVA/FN 98 rifles had locking screws. If you post your serial number and caliber we can tell you the model and year it was manufactured.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Welcome!

Early 640's have them, original Mauser 98 style. FN dropped the use of lock screws along with the charger hump and thumb cut-out, possibly even earlier.

I would think Numrich has them, and I think I've seen them in the Brownells catalogue at some point.
Look for screws for the 98 Mauser, as these will fit.

Regarding parts for the .22's, I'll second what kriggevaer just said. Parts for these aren't generally available, unless you salvage parts from a beater gun. I have some old sights, and I'll look for the right one but I think there aren't many .22 sights there.

Pettson

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Educated again-:D Thanks Pettson -

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I am not at home right now but I am positive that the pitch is wrong on the screws from Numrich. The ones on the Huskys is a finer thread pitch. Also, that would be great if you had a 1622 elevator to sell me.

Regards

Greg

·
Registered
159 Posts
Availability of Husky Parts -

Another place to try is Jack First Gun Shop in Rapid City, SD. They not only have a huge parts inventory, they also have about 15,000 pattern parts that are pristine and are used for making parts that are no longer available on the market. Their phone number is
605-343-8481.

Good Luck

·
Registered
223 Posts
264magnum,

I have an older Husqvarna model 640 (outstanding rifle), with the older FN 98 action and chambered in 8x57mm. It also has the trigger guard locking screws like you described. I have in the past interchanged the trigger guard locking screws from a Yugoslav 24/47 mauser into the Husky without problem. This could be one avenue of action for you to look into for parts. I hope this helps you out.

Kirk

·
Silver Bullet member
49,416 Posts
mag/guard screws size&thread(tap&die sizes)for 98 husq. and hva replacement.

i believe that frank de hass said that the jap rifle uses the same screw pitch, im almost sure its in the back of the book, if not ive read it in one of my thousands of books, found it.:D husq. has 230x27-(dosnt say but i sure its for hva replacement? )jap 38-228x28 thats the front screw matches.230x28. (but tang 7/32x28) is not a fit.BUT:D fn-m98 in another section HAS 1/4x22 , which is same as brevex mag. mauser, centurion mauser m98, german m88 commission 1/4x22., herters j9 and xk3 mauser,( u9,us krag-jorgensen,us springfield 1903,us m1917, win 54,win 70,champlin, same 1/4x22, but will have to be cut for correct length). continued matches are mausers m71,m91 arg., m93, m95, M 96-M94 SWEDISH , including santa barber m98 mauser. pg 511 part 3 reference frank de haas expanded 3rd edition<><dan phillips/aka school teacher, im back! :D.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts