Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need info on the above about serial # and date of mfg. The serial # is AOC4xxx. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
West Hurley, NY, or Worcester, MA? When Auto Ord was bought by Kahr Arms, production was moved from NY to MA, maybe six or eight years ago (wouldn't surprise me if it's ten, now), and the later guns are supposed to be of better quality. I have a West Hurley "frame kit", circa 1991, and while the frame itself is OK, some of the small parts are unuseable junk - especially the slide stop, which is not a part that you want to be substandard. I'd buy a new Philippine gun, before buying an Auto Ord of any vintage.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
93,730 Posts
Need info on the above about serial # and date of mfg. The serial # is AOC4xxx. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Call the comapny - they are in bidnesss and have their records.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
93,730 Posts
Hmm - something of a surprise, that.

·
Silver Bullet member
12,931 Posts
why do you need date of manufature, it's not a GI collectable.

·
Copper Bullet member
408 Posts
I bought my 1911A1 Deluxe new in Oct. 1998. Serial # is AOC64xxx. Hope this helps. BTW, I can't speak for others, but mine has a couple thousand rounds through it, still runs just fine. I've done nothing to it but shoot & clean it. I'd buy another one if I was looking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts