Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have internal pictures of one of Australian SMLE Transit Chest that holds approx. 10 or 12 rifles?

·
2,700 Posts
I had some pics somewhere, from memory the chest held eight rifles across, on their backs There were eight bayonets over the top. I'll look for the pics this evening.

·
Gold Bullet member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the pics. I have an opportunity to purchase two of them that will require a little restoration work - the inside wood slats are missing. If I purchase them, I will need additional info on these slats (not sure what the correct terminology is).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thank you for the pics. I have an opportunity to purchase two of them that will require a little restoration work - the inside wood slats are missing. If I purchase them, I will need additional info on these slats (not sure what the correct terminology is).
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352370612.464159.jpg

Here is mine missing the same bits - would appreciate a copy of the dividers?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Tlvaughn and Tuffbj70. it appears that my case is exactly the same as that belonging to Tuffbj70. I have taken the necessary photos, 7 in all. However, to clearly preserve the measurement markings on the tape their size is rather heavy for posting. If you can let me have a suitable e-mail address I'll send them to you direct.

·
Gold Bullet member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a pic of the two chests I picked up this week. I am looking for the opinions of the members here regarding the restoration. Should I do a complete restore or just clean them up and leave them as is?

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts