Gunboards Forums banner

Auction win. Why did I do this?

6K views 47 replies 30 participants last post by  GregCandR 
#1 · (Edited)
You ever have a stupid impulse to put a bid on something? I just did earlier today and won. $170 for this rifle. Not sure why I did it, as I don't usually go for rifles with stocks like this.

#5 ·
You bought what looks like a Dragoon Rifle to me. I cant really tell if the stock is modified but it looks varnished. I would pay that for a Dragoon. The only one I've seen, I bought and it was a Finn marked SA dragoon.

#6 ·
Maybe use stripper to take off the varnish if you want to. Did they leave sanding marks on the sling slots? I saw one once that was sanded so bad that the stock rings rattled.

#7 ·
Not sure how the stock really is. This was one of those internet auctions. It could be a sewer piped piece of garbage. Guess in a week or so, I will find out. Then I can decide whether to try to reclaim the stock or find another one. Heck, I am trying to reduce the number of SA marked Russians in my collection. I just need to stay off the computer.

#12 ·
That stock would have made me go "EEK!" at first. But the rest of the rifle is MUCHO worth it! You did well my friend...

Gary

#19 ·
a pine tar refinish would make the stock look ok. or strip off the poly and use 1/3 mix. either way, you didn't get hurt, as long as the bore's decent. dragoons just don't pop up every month.

y'all have a good day, Keith

#23 ·
Thanks Guys on your help on the "SA" mark.
QUESTION FOR BADGER. I do not have the rifle here now, it is in storage. Seems like I remember it having regular Arabic Numerals on the sight. What would this fact tell me?
I do not see "SA" on photo #1. You may know just what to look for. My hex 1925 Dragoon is one of the rearsenaled ones from Aim. Could this be an "SA" or are these from some other source? A little more info please. Thanks

#24 ·
Rearsenaled usually means the rear sight was upgraded to the 91-30 type, with the numbers on top. A dragoon had the numbers on the side of the sight base. The only rearsenaled dragoon I have seen is a DDR marked one I have.
If by rearsenaled you are talking about the common refurbs readily available I have only seen one that reatins the original rear sight that was on the dragoon when it was originally manufactured. The refurbed ones also have the globe front sight. My DDR marked dragoon has the original sight and the original blade front sight. I have never seen or heard of another like it.

regards
badger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.