1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
105,711 Posts
Wow that went cheap!

·
Registered
18 Posts
When I started collecting Mosin's I never thought that I would have this many M44's. They just seem to show up and I feel the need to add yet one more to the family. Recently acquired my 1943 after watching so many go higher than I was willing to pay. Just gotta love Mosins!

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Why would this jackwagon not ship c$r rifles to Maryland?! So tired of this BS.
Maybe his ex-wife lives there, maybe her name was Mary, maybe was robbed there once, maybe a jellyfish stung him in Ocean City or maybe he just does not like the politics of the state.
Or maybe it is so hard to find a single database of laws state to state that he just does not know any better.

Up until last month, when the members here showed me otherwise, I also thought there were restrictions on C&R's in California.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
That was a major score. It does not appear to be refurbished. Very nice Hungarian quality and finish.

Nice score for you carpetman. Congratulations.
I was totally amazed nobody else came across it.
When I saw the matching numbers (except the bolt) I was kinda shocked that there was only a single bid.
My max bid was honestly much higher.

I'm thinking the sellers description of the bore scared people off, but in my experience many are not as bad as sellers make them out to be. And even if it is, for that money I'll take a dozen.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,946 Posts
Why would this jackwagon not ship c$r rifles to Maryland?! So tired of this BS.
Because he does not want to be bothered by the hoops your state has added to its gun laws and is punishing you for living there and letting it happen. Same reasons I moved from Delaware to West Virginia. If it offends you try and change things! If it is not possible get the heck out of there. Of course then you will be attacked by a thing like NJ's leaving tax! I do not know what is next for the states listed in that add but it can't be good and maybe if they start losing their tax base that will bring them to their senses?

It may be BS to you and me but it is a serious problem many dealers just refuse to address and so they will not sell to you. Point this out the next time you come face to face with an elected representative. Sad situation and a source of much frustration to many but these are the only answers I can see. Condolences are sent. Bill

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Because he does not want to be bothered by the hoops your state has added to its gun laws and is punishing you for living there and letting it happen. Same reasons I moved from Delaware to West Virginia. If it offends you try and change things! If it is not possible get the heck out of there. Of course then you will be attacked by a thing like NJ's leaving tax! I do not know what is next for the states listed in that add but it can't be good and maybe if they start losing their tax base that will bring them to their senses?

It may be BS to you and me but it is a serious problem many dealers just refuse to address and so they will not sell to you. Point this out the next time you come face to face with an elected representative. Sad situation and a source of much frustration to many but these are the only answers I can see. Condolences are sent. Bill
I hear everything you're saying, but there are NO issues shipping a C&R firearm to Maryland. There are no hoops to jump through. I recently purchased a modern rifle for my son that was being offered at a great price. The seller stated that she would not ship to Maryland. Luckily, I decided to contact her to see if she meant what she said, and she replied that her statement applies only to handguns. I guess it always pays to ask.

And, believe me, I'm doing everything I can to help change the craziness here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.