Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the new non-Eastman show in south Atlanta with a few other members, and met a few more there. I was trying (not very hard) to sell an Inland M1 Carbine I got from the CMP with no luck. I found nothing at the show, and while others did, I'll let them tell about it. I did see two really rough Arisakas for $100, a decent M27 for about $300, a couple of M39s in the $250-300 range. And the usual and a few unusual M44s. Two walkins really tempted me. The first was a realy nice 1909 Argie, crest intact, all matching, and for $200 it was a steal. I have one just like in it the safe, and did not really need another one. It sold pretty quick. The other was a very nice 1895 Spanish Carbine. Again, $200. I passed on that one too. If I had a bit more cash, I would have got them both. As it was, I got some primers, and a box of CB caps for the bushy tailed rats.

·
Gold+ Bullet member
339 Posts
Sorry I missed the group. Went to my company's holiday dinner last night, got home at midnight, and slept in. Can't party like I used to...... Thanks for the report; I've been curious all day. Except for the occasional table bargain, I'm focused on walk-ins now. Except for the Mak a couple of weeks ago, the remaining three purchases were from walk-ins.

May get up tomorrow morning and see who shows up on Sunday.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,312 Posts
The first was a realy nice 1909 Argie, crest intact, all matching, and for $200 it was a steal. I have one just like in it the safe, and did not really need another one. It sold pretty quick.
You lawyers, always thinking of just yourselves. :rolleyes: Here I sit with an '09 Argentine long rifle that needs upgrading. :(

Trade bait my man, trade bait!

Toured the military bayonet section of Smoky Mountain Knife Works today, and came away with nothing.

SlimTim

·
Gold Bullet member
2,934 Posts
I may have to go in the morning to see if there are any sloppy seconds. From the sounds of it, members here did well. Hate to see people do poorly in a recession, but things do come out of the woodwork for a bargain. I'll have to wait for the next show for Matt to buy me a hot dog for finding him that M95M.:D

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You lawyers, always thinking of just yourselves. :rolleyes: Here I sit with an '09 Argentine long rifle that needs upgrading. :(

Trade bait my man, trade bait!

Toured the military bayonet section of Smoky Mountain Knife Works today, and came away with nothing.

SlimTim
If I had the cash to spare, I would have. The problem is this is a bad time of year for me. Homeowner association dues, auto insurance, not to mention Christmas puts a damper on my gun buying about now.

·
Diamond Member
707 Posts
I haven't been to a gunshow since the election so I wanted to get near the excitement.

As Springbank said, lots of activity around the the pistol booths. I fear that the cost of semi-auto "assault rifles" has reached its zenith. It did not look to me like they were selling that well. Century ak variants looked to be around the $600-$700 range, Golani's were in the $1000 to $1300 range, except for one that was $849. Lots of neat walk-ins but still high priced. Ammo was available and also high. Saw one guy carrying out three 500 round boxes of .223 ammo.

Maybe the prices have reached the same relative levels like what happened to gasoline in the last few weeks. Gas was $4.50 around here, demand dropped and now the lowest I bought was $1.47. Anyway, enough of my clumsy economics lesson.

I sold a Russian SKS for $550 and used then picked up a 1932 M-27 for $275. The bolt doesn't match but it has a late ski/bike stock with the buttstock swivel. Also it has a front swivel. Not much finish but there is still lots of cosomoline on the stock and bolt. Haven't pulled it apart yet but there is a big R stamped over the czar's eagle on top of the receiver.

Also I picked up an Enfield .410 shotgun from Marion. He has been trying to sell it for a couple of years and finally came down to $150. It was made out of an ShtLE Mk 1** IP. On the other side it has 410, RFI, 1932. It has DP stamped on the upper rear handguard and under the nose cap.

I read an article about shotshell milsurps the other day and it just "flung a craving" on me. Hope I didn't spend to much.

I also picked up a couple of brand new metric FAL mags for $16.00 each, probably should of bought more.

My friend Pete found a stainless Ruger Mini-14 ranch rifle with scope rings for $550. I thought that was a pretty good deal considering.

Saw some Gunboarders that I haven't seen in a while and talked to one on the phone that I went to Finland with. We need to get together to shoot during the holidays. I'm up for a winter trip to the Sumac range on the weekend after new years day.

All in all, I had a great time. It was sure to see somebody else other than Beastman put on a successful show.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,934 Posts
Decent turnout for the show today. Had to wait at least 15 minutes to get in the door at 10:30. The Hungarian M44 was gone, but I found a Finn marked 1938 Tula 91/30 that was turned into a 'sniper.' It now needs a front sight and someone put a rail on the stock, not on the receiver. Apart from filling holes, I think it's otherwise unaltered. The guy who had it was that one in the back doing the demonstrations of that spray cleaner/protector stuff. He was saying how he was going to sand and finish the stock if he didn't sell it. I showed him the round Tula stock markings and said collectors look for that type of thing. Picked it up from him on the second pass.

Got some Mosin parts from the Majic Man and an Enfield bolt head. Not a bad day.

·
Gold+ Bullet member
339 Posts
I couldn't resist going on Sunday morning. Wish I'd seen all the Gunboarders yesterday, but did get to see a bunch of dealer who are friends. Took my .357 Vaquero to look for trade interest for a .44 mag of some sort. As one friend put it, I would have sold it in an instant if it was made of black plastic, had a 14-round cylinder and two spare cylinders!!!.

Didn't see any dealer milsurps that I hadn't seen at previous shows. Looked at one walk-in Jungle Carbine. Nice condition, except for mismatched and incorrect bolt. Was asking $300, probably could have bought for $250, but it didn't speak to me.

No takers on the Vaquero, but I did find a 4-inch Mod 629 in exceptional condition for $530; appears low usage, very tight action. Didn't really want to pay this much, but it seems to be a very good price. I was suffering from .44 withdrawal.

This was a good show with an assortment of dealers. If they get a few more private sellers, they will have a killer recipe for "Matt poison" (couldn't resist a really bad pun; just for you, Kevin!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.