Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads-up.

It seems that ATI have stopped making the Steyr looking plastic stock that had the clever adapter for mounting full and intermediate length actions. I snagged one from J&G today as I think they are handy for shooting actions from rifles with rare or dodgy wood stocks. Also, I believe that this is the only synthetic stock that will take a military profile barrel with the rear sight sleeve in place.

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet member
20,637 Posts
The 'clamshell' design, where a scope was mounted to the upper half of the stock, instead of directly to barrel or action, did not lend itself to consistent accuracy.

Good n concept, but lousy in performance, clunky and UGLY to boot.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 'clamshell' design, where a scope was mounted to the upper half of the stock, instead of directly to barrel or action, did not lend itself to consistent accuracy.

Good n concept, but lousy in performance, clunky and UGLY to boot.
So I take it that the clamp that goes around the barrel to secure the top piece/rail does not do the job? If that is so, then just leave the top piece off and slap on a decent scout mount.

As for looking ugly, I am quite into the futuristic Terminator sort of look. It is still prettier than my Hi-Point 9mm carbine, but so is a rusty tyre iron. Mind you, that thing shoots REALLY well with a red dot to 50 yards with 124gr +P ammo. Ugly is as ugly does, maybe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts