Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend I took my SBR KP31 to the range. My boys like to shoot it, as do I. Now I have read it was used as a harassment weapon out to 300 meters, so I decided to try it out. Each mag had 15 rounds, and you can see the results below. the first mag was at 100 m and 13 out of 15 hits. Was using the "Navy" hold on the black. It was Livingston MT which means a lot of wind ~10 to 20mph gusts. But no excuses. The second mag was at 300m, with 8 out of 15 hitting paper. With a little practice I bet I can tighten it up, it was a bit sloppy shooting, just off my elbows on a bench. But it was fun.

The other pic is what no Finnish collection of weapons should be without,,, a Molotov Cocktail. I filled it with molasses to simulate the tar + petrol mix. The storm matches are wall spackle on dowels sprayed w. red primer. I looked at a lot of photos. The idea came at Christmas dinner, where the boys drink nice sparkling apple juice. When I looked at the bottle I said "where have I seen that before" ,,, it was on the Jaeger Platoon site. THANKS KIITOS so I made one.

Electronics Shooting sport Shooting range Recreation Target archery
Shooting sport Shooting range Shooting Recreation Circle
Bottle Glass bottle Drink Liqueur Cola

·
Banned
3,414 Posts
Because,unless I'm wrong,a Molotov Cocktail lists under the ATF's "Destructive Device" category.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Krull is totally correct, there is even a warning on Wikipedia

,,, and they are fun,,, made a few when I was Abn Inf "experimenting" "field expedient"

and HS

·
Copper Bullet member
1,739 Posts
Good shooting, anyway, Alpino. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that gun even at 300 yards. And now, because of Vaarok's post, we're all probably on some government list. Then again I'm sure some of us are on a few already. :p

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Skywarp,,, the next time I shoot I'll put out a few wood planks to see 9mm penetration. It reminds me of the myth that in the Korean War .30 carbine rounds would not go through the heavy Chinese quilted jackets at 300 yds. I asked a few grunts who were in Korea and they laughed saying "we never really checked after the .50 cals or 4.2 inch mortars hit them" [same myth mentality as the "ping" on a Garand clip being the cue for the enemy to attack. like there's no one else around and you can hear this on a battlefield] um, I'm getting off track!

When I was in HS,,, at about every other kegger kids were throwing molotov cocktails. Good Montana kids,,, smart enough to not stick a rag in the bottle mouth but cap it and tie a rag around the neck. No Poor Man's James Bond yet, we just figured it out,,, and the party got better when the big brothers who worked for the oil companies brought dynamite to throw into the river. Made the girls hug you better than a scary movie! =)

·
Site Contributor
1,341 Posts
Real molotov cocktails are illegal in Finland as well. Some harmless look-a-likes (non-flammable liquid inside) have been sold in gun shows every now and then. BTW: Few years back I did bit of checking about links pointing to my website and found a link pointing to the particular page in the website telling about molotov cocktails and satchel charges among Powerpoint slide show of some law-enforcement consultant as cautionary example about dangerous materials that can be found in internet. :(

I did a bit of digging in the hard-drive and found Finnish test-firing report from year 1943. Tested weapon was Suomi M/31 with its standard ammunition (9 mm x 19 ammunition, 115-grain FMJ round-nose bullets, muzzle velocity around 400 m/sec). Penetration measured to wood planks from different ranges:
- 150 meters: 5.25 inch
- 300 meters: 4.40 inch
- 400 meters: 3.95 inch

Jarkko

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info Jarkko! You are the best.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.