Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
34,809 Posts
Wow. That one sent me scrambling for the Antaris book.

Its an early one, does it have the word "HOPE" stamped over the chamber?

Just noticed the Mauser logo on the other side of that shoulder stock. Still its very nifty

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow! very nice! I'm helping a friend's parents go through their collection that they inherited from the wife's dad and came across an astra Broomhandle. Is there a reference on how to disassemble these? It has a detachable magazine, what model could it be? Thanks!

·
Silver Bullet member
34,809 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Okay, lemme get the Antaris book out again....

Its either a Model 903, 904, F, or E. Only the Model E is semi-auto; the rest have a selector switch near the grip on the right side.

The 1896Mauser.com site is down, but it has a lot of info and instructions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Okay, lemme get the Antaris book out again....

Its either a Model 903, 904, F, or E. Only the Model E is semi-auto; the rest have a selector switch near the grip on the right side.

The 1896Mauser.com site is down, but it has a lot of info and instructions.
Thanks! I may have to look for this Antaris book. Pretty sure it's the semi-auto version. I didn't notice any swith other than the safety but will get a closer look soon. It is in very good shape as well as the stock and I will have to give them a ball park value. Will the Antaris book help with that?

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
23,298 Posts
Antaris's book will not help with pricing.

During the 1980s when a lot of these were being brought in from China, several companies rebuilt Astra 900s with the detachable mag system. If it is an original Model E, then it can easily be worth $3,500 to $5,000. If it is one of the rebuilds, maybe $1,200 to $1,500. If you find it has a selector switch - drop it off a high bridge into deep water. The Feds will give you 20 years in prison for possession of an unregistered machinegun.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
23,298 Posts
Yes - look for the import stamp. It will likely be small and under the barrel or in another non-obvious place. I am aware of at least two companies making these in California, and one in Ohio. You may find a "Fed Ord" mark, and I am trying to remember the names of the other companies - the other California company became Brinklee Trading Company, but I can't remember their previous name, and I think the Ohio company was in Canton.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Double wow!

I have a 900, but it would be ashamed to be in the same room with yours.

·
Copper Bullet Member
11,996 Posts
Yes - look for the import stamp. It will likely be small and under the barrel or in another non-obvious place. I am aware of at least two companies making these in California, and one in Ohio. You may find a "Fed Ord" mark, and I am trying to remember the names of the other companies - the other California company became Brinklee Trading Company, but I can't remember their previous name, and I think the Ohio company was in Canton.
Bob Are you thinking of "mentor arms"? They were absolutely great and are sorely missed.

·
Registered
195 Posts
For whatever it's worth; the other company was CAI. I say this based on having taken one in on trade last week. It's an early 12000 range pistol, in otherwise nice shape except for the fact that they (or someone) decided to parkerize the poor thing. I have thought about trying to strip it down and rust bluing it back, but it would still never be "original" again (although it would LOOK closer to it, if done right). Anyone know where to find a stock for an Astra 900? I got this one and a pretty rough postwar Bolo (that I'm probably going to sell once I replace the broken firing pin) and I am thinking of hanging onto the Astra.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts