Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this Astra 300 pistol in 7.65mm caliber last week. The date code is N and according to Astra chart in Jan Still's German WW2 pistol book the serial number indicates it was shipped to them on 24 Feb 1944.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,872 Posts
Looks like a fine example. Congratulations on a nice acquisition!

Tim

·
Platinum Bullet member
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tim. Astra 300's don't show up too often around here so it was a surprising find. It pays to stop by the gunshops on a regular basis as you never know what will come in.

·
Silver Bullet member
64 Posts
very nice, thanks for posting the pic,s. don,t see many 300,s around here either.
this one i found at a local show a few weeks ago. it is the RARE stripped blue variation that was probaly offered by BUBBA firearms corp.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,872 Posts
I do not need to know specifically what these two pistols went for, but I certainly would appreciate knowing approximately how much one might expect to pay for an Astra 300 in comparable condition.

Hopefully, it is something in my price range and, if so, I will have to keep my eye out for one.

Tim

·
Platinum Bullet member
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tim,

Probably somewhere around $250 - $300 would be reasonable for a nice original one. Being a German WW2 purchased one might effect it's value a bit. Having the serial number info available from the factory on the Astras is a great help tracking them down.

·
Platinum Bullet member
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hrman,
Your Astra was delivered to the Germans on April 1, 1944. The original finish was rust blue has yours been refinished or turned to a patina?

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
23,298 Posts
Price on the Nazi delivered Astra 300s is going to be all over the place, dependent upon market and region. They can run $250 to $700 from what I have seen.

What is amazing is that it is harder to find an earlier commercial Model 300, and they are actually a bit more rare, but folks have this big "Nazi" premium thing, and will sell these much cheaper.

·
Silver Bullet member
64 Posts
not real sure what happened to it. i posted the pic,s on the old board and a few thought that some one had used a very strong cleaner of some type. there is no rust or pits and also no blueing.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,872 Posts
Very nice pistol indeed. I definitely have to track down an Astra 300 or perhaps some M1916 Spanish pistols for my collection. I too would like to acquire one pistol in .380 ACP and another in .32 ACP.

Tim

·
Platinum Bullet member
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hrman,
That's a nice set of Astra 300's you have. Hopefully I'll run across one of the .380 caliber ones too. I'm hoping to find a correct spare magazine for my 7.65mm Astra.

Bob,
I wasn't aware that this one was a German purchased pistol until I looked it up in my books. I had thought that they would have all been stamped with a Waffenamt acceptance mark.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,872 Posts
If I understand correctly, it also was not considered necessary to inspect the Spanish made arms as there quality generally met the Werhmacht's military specifications. This may also be a reason why they lacked German acceptance marks.

Tim

·
Registered
490 Posts
Dang that looks nice!!

Congrats on the find and thanks for posting.

·
Silver Bullet member
28,907 Posts
I soooooooooo want one.

Would love to know where people are finding them in the $200 range so I can either get one myself or send them an FFL and check.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts