Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a WTB for a mas 49. Infante2424 posted he had a mas 49/56 for sale but admin can check my wtb ad and see it’s a weird post that looks like it was from an auction. I emailed him and he sent me pics of the mas and he only wanted 500 for it which would be ok 10 years ago. I googled searched his pics and the came back from a cmp page about the mas years ago . I asked to see a pic of the bore with his username next to the pic and he has responded. He has just joined and has been posting on people’s WTB ads saying he has every rifle they are looking for since July 2nd.

Then he doesn’t even answer my question about the bore condition or pics of it and goes right into PayPal secure payment.

Admin please check this out so no one gets scammed buy this guy please

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,618 Posts
Thanks for the heads up sir, he is history.

Regards

MT

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Many such scams 'working' nowadays and not even paricularly sophisticated. Name of the game, secure your remittance. Convert to cash. Dispose self/locally or back into some kind of negotiable instrument for moving 'off shore'. The phone could reach him or an accomplice paricularly if he doesn't speak English. Most likely just recorded 'blah blah' onodscript message. Phone numbers easily scammed, so area codes/nation codes meaningless. Classically, any remittance by post, most likely a "mail drop", private PO box w/forwarding service. Bahamas, etc. Some 'chump', criminally uninvolved, to cash & break the 'of record chain' and tracing capability
These guys are all over in every possible transaction to illegally boost or leverage. LE without resources to even consider addressing. Where 'big time' stuff; "task forces"; anything less. You're simply out the $$$ and "learning experience". "Due diligence", recognizing warning flags and not surrendering to 'temptaton'.
Just the 'possibilities'
Best!
John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts