Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This one is in a local shop, Milled receiver..one of 50 made and the last SN# of the series. It has the red bakelite hand guards, green synthetic pistol grip, underfolder stock, manual included...un-fired...no box. It is a bit pricey though...about $1,100 but could probably be had for less...for the serious collector eh?

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
50,540 Posts
Interesting, a milled UF should go in that range, although out of my range. What shop is it in, local for you can mean WV to St Louis :)

·
Registered
592 Posts
RARE "Christmas Edition" with red/green furniture?

From the Arsenal Inc. website:

SAS M-7 (Ban Style) - US made, 7.62, milled receiver, cleaning rod, no muzzle threads, no bayonet lug, black polymer furniture, collapsible underfolding buttstock pinned open

SAS M-7 Classic (Ban Style) - US made, 7.62, milled receiver, heavy barrel and slanted gas block, 14mm muzzle threads, pinned muzzle nut, cleaning rod, bayonet lug, blond wood furniture, classic underfolding buttstock pinned open

SAS M-7 CLASSIC (No Ban) - US made, 7.62, milled receiver, heavy barrel and slanted gas block, 14mm muzzle threads, muzzle nut, cleaning rod, bayonet lug, blond wood furniture, classic underfolding buttstock

If it is the NO BAN rifle, $1,100 (or less) is a good price...cheaper than the PolyTech Legend underfolders.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the rare "Christmas" Edition..? The upper and lower handguards are the mottled red bakelite..the pistol grip is green synthetic..according to the infomation at the shop..only 50 of these were produced.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I think they're pulling your leg, Cone. It sounds to me like someone simply replaced the grips and handguards sometime during the rifle's life.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Perhaps...it is in their special collectable firearms case..no layaway..no discounts...but I always get a discount!!! I don't know if the handbook states it or where they got the limited to 50 produced..but they have the serial number range and this one is the last of the fifty. Creative rarity on someones part?

·
Registered
592 Posts
I was just making a joke about the rare "Christmas Edition" since the synthetic furniture was of two different colors (red & green). I have only seen the black and OD green on Arsenal rifles before...never any other color.

Arsenal has produced "limited editions" and a variety of different models/designations over the past several years. IMO, they must hold the record for having produced the most models compared to any other AK manufacturer.

If you do get the rifle, be sure to post some pics!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts