Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

There's an Arsenal Mak posted for sale in the main WTS section. Now, I'm certainly no expert and don't currently own an Arsenal (Mak, that is) ;-) The example pictures seems to have a matt finish. Don't know if this is just that particular example, the photo or if they are all that way. Any insight?

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,261 Posts
Some had a deep blue finish. Others had the matte finish you write of, almost a parkerized looking finish.

I'm thinking (but can't back it up) most of the early imports were blued, and the parked finish were late imports.

SlimTim

·
Gold Bullet Member
533 Posts
If I looked at the correct WTS FTF Ad

That finish was offered by Arsenal along with the regular Blue. I also think that was at a later date of importation.
I've got one like that but in .380, It looks,feels and acts like Parkerize.

·
Registered
476 Posts
i had a matte one that i used as a host for a 22 kit, the finish had been ruined by moist neglect, but the gun was mechanically perfect. you could see the remains of the finish in places and it was nice and even and would be a pretty good choice for a carry gun IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.