Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasnt sure where to post this but wanted maybe help someone before the same happens to them. DO NOT. DO NOT BUY ON ARMSLIST. I checked the seller out best I could and I still got robbed. Of course Armslist warning saying his post was flagged as a scam came too late. Here is all the info I have.
Name: Mel
Email: [email protected]
Paypal: [email protected]
Cashapp: $Meliver85

Once I paid he never would ship. I hope this helps someone. I lost $495 to him.

·
Silver Bullet Member
5,470 Posts
You should only buy in person, on ARMSLIST due to the high number of scammers. I've found some great items on ARMSLIST, though.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even thats not a good Idea. Ive heard of several no shows. There are lots of cool stuff just not enough honest people.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,023 Posts
Armslist is a pool of scammers, and no matter how many times you report the scammers, nothing is done. There is a fake scammer K98 sniper within driving distance of me and Ive spammed it ten times over weeks along with the other scam ads, and nothing is done,

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah. The listing I got scammed on I received an email 6 days after I first sent about the listing saying its been flagged as a scam. By that time I done lost my money.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sorry you lost out on the cash, it’s a risk you take not buying in person....Most of my collection has been bought/traded on Armslist and I have done quite well.... the 3-4 transactions I have done out of state have all been successful but there is always that thought during the process that nothing is Guaranteed.......

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well you got lucky or blessed. I wanted to try it as a couple of my friends had good luck on there but I got burned. It happens quite often on there from what I have heard. I dont blame Armslist. I mostly blame myself for not being able to see it as a scam.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Learn a lesson to only pay money for guns to people who are shipping you a gun by USPS money order. I do it every time to cover my ass in case this happens. I've had people tell me they only want to do PayPal or cashapp and I say no. MO only. It'll save you the heartache brother next time. It helped me once already $350 worth.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,728 Posts
Post office money orders.
.try scamming with a post office govt. check..
maybe things changed over the years..??

·
Registered
263 Posts
Have you had issues with it DK Phillips? Ive only bought arms over the internet for 2 years now. Im not sure if they've have problems farther back.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,023 Posts
I ask em for photo with dollar bill through trigger guard. If they actually have item its a simple request. I dont know why whoever owns and runs armslist is such a lazy careless person. Ive grown tired of trying to sell nice militaria at shows, but if owner of site lets it run wild why pay for a storefront?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Can't really argue with that.. Ill do the same thing too ask em to show something like that. But that doesn't mean they'll send the gun if you send the money.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,728 Posts
Mason ..
Been out of the picture dealing with individuals on internet long while..
this example I’ve not encountered..
ive found over 40 plus years..post office money orders Extra security ..

bought one rifle last year..off internet bidding sit.
.paid with brother-in-law bank card..I paid him..

( I didn’t know all this technology involved with auction’s..he was..more in the know.).
I bid once..then I jumped to $200 buy now above others, thinking it was a Carl Gustaf Swede.
.no other bids three days ..
ID rare missed labeled husquvarna prototype, still so far still un documented!
..a new concept for rifle never produced..
.gustaf built one..with different rear stock concept, keeping front end..)

back to my point :
if it was an individual I will would still use post office..
they wont except it..then keep it..
You have documentation by govt..payment to all the need individual location..
place it in atf hands you have two govt..resources ..bull dogging teeming the sly fox den..<>< dan
hope this helps..

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I regret not using a MO but this guy seemed like a legit seller. Had Armslist notification saying it was scam or had been flagged as one actually worked Id would still have my money but the stupid email came 4 days after I paid.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,023 Posts
Ive flagged the k98 sniper out of texas at least fifteen times in last few months, along with all the bogus G43 ads,,,no response,,,more would be paid sellers if he actually did something or had volunteers to do something about it. If people would just ask for a "custom photo" dollar bill through trigger guard, that would prevent the majority of fraud, cant post it if they dont have it

·
Registered
44 Posts
You should only buy in person, on ARMSLIST due to the high number of scammers. I've found some great items on ARMSLIST, though.
I have bought a number of nice items priced well through Armslist - but always face to face. You can be scammed buying online from any site so you have to be very careful with that. I have bought a couple items from this board, but after researching the seller to see that they have been around a while and sold stuff in the past.

It is hard to get scammed in a face to face transaction where gun is inspected and payment is in cash. As far as sending money off to somebody you don't know far away hoping to get something, you need to be careful no matter where the listing originates.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts