Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
99,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting pair of articles in the Amercian Rifleman received here uesterday One focusing on Colonial marksmanship, the other on the arms of Lexington and Concord (including thiose used by the villainous Brits) and the battles.

I believe most will find them as interesting as i did.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Clyde, I completely agree. It is refreshing to see the AR look like they represent somehting other than the black gun world. I will probably get into trouble for the following but here goes anyway. If I were an non-gun person and looked at about any issue of AR I would think it is run by a bunch of paranoid crackpots. Don't get me wrong, I am very supportave of NRA. I do think they get a bit extreme at times. I have often wondered who caused the ammo shortage. So far the political gang has not really done anything but the NRA has created a panic among it's members.

I better get back to casting before I get into more trouble..............

Terry

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
99,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Clyde, I completely agree. It is refreshing to see the AR look like they represent somehting other than the black gun world. I will probably get into trouble for the following but here goes anyway. If I were an non-gun person and looked at about any issue of AR I would think it is run by a bunch of paranoid crackpots. Don't get me wrong, I am very supportave of NRA. I do think they get a bit extreme at times. I have often wondered who caused the ammo shortage. So far the political gang has not really done anything but the NRA has created a panic among it's members.

I better get back to casting before I get into more trouble..............

Terry

I can't really disagree with that observation. My favorite parts of the AR are the articles on historical subjects, when they have them. And I think they tend to be a little less critical than they need to be about tests on new guns - hardly ever find a problem, and that just isn't reasonable....

in any case, I was much pleased at the article on both the firearms of the early part of the Revolution and the discussion of the battles - and marksmanship standards....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts