Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14,435 Posts
You might try "Rumpole of the Bailey"!
Leo McKearn is brilliant in it & the original tales were written by a Q.C. So the legal stuff is (within it's fictional limits) quite accurate!

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
98,333 Posts
You might try "Rumpole of the Bailey"!
Leo McKearn is brilliant in it & the original tales were written by a Q.C. So the legal stuff is (within it's fictional limits) quite accurate!
If that is directed at me, we (the Librarian and I both) have read (and have on our shelves) most, perhaps all, of the Rumpole books. The TV adaption with Leo McKern as Rumpole (and his daughter as Mizz Liz Probert) is (JMO) flawless. Great job of adaption. I recommend both the books and the videos without reservation.

Thinking of Leo McKern, he appeared (might have wanted to forget those, dunno) appeared in at least two of the TV Adventures of Robin Hood (with Richard Greene as Robin) shows. One as a villainous nobleman (first show, I think maybe) and in a later one as the potter whose cart and pots Robin buys to conn his way into Nottingham to pull off a jail break. Just a superb and very versatile actor.

·
Registered
14,435 Posts
A rather different & funny take on the British system is in the Series "Are You Being Served, again" AKA Grace & favor.
The episodes with Mrs Slocombe being taken to a small county court. E3 S1 "Taken to court" I swear I've been in that court with those judges!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
A rather different & funny take on the British system is in the Series "Are You Being Served, again" AKA Grace & favor.
The episodes with Mrs Slocombe being taken to a small county court. E3 S1 "Taken to court" I swear I've been in that court with those judges!
plonker,

A movie decades ago was informative with attorney Michael Douglas where he stated: "If you want justice go to a "Cat House" and if you want to get $%&* go to court."

Justice and courts are sometimes far apart! LOL.

Webley

·
Registered
14,435 Posts
Oh the board was "Lobelia Ponsonby-Smythe", (Spinster of the Parish) who propositioned Miss Brhams, "The Right Reverand Justice Dunwoodie" (who was 105 years old) & "Col. Bumfrett-Pomfrett-Slingsby-Smythe" (Late of the 15th Poonah Foot & Mouth (ret.))
Morris Moulterd & a pheasant that he was accused of poaching, which was being held in evidence. Were involved.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts