1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters and Swords member
12,055 Posts
Civil Service? You know the morro - "Like a DEWAT, won't work and can't be fired".....
Like they are getting real punishment...the cemetery's superintendent, John Metzler, will be under supervision until he retires next month, and Metzler's deputy, Thurman Higgenbotham, has been placed on administrative leave.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got a plot waiting for me there and I hold that privilege as a sacred honor. Those guys should be buried there also...face down, bare butts exposed so cycling visitors have a place to park their bikes while they search for their loved ones graves!

·
Registered
9 Posts
If that upsets you, have you considered that Mr. William Jefferson, Draft-dodger, Dope-smoker, Lying, Wife-cheater, Skirt-chaser Clinton can be buried at this most sacred cemetary? Who knows, he may end up being placed right beside the poor sole that took his place while he ran off to England to hide during the war.

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
Any place where honorably discharged members of the US military are buried is a place of honor. Not far from where I live is a small cemetery-behind a Burger King of all places. It is on the original site of a church that has moved across the highway. There is a Civil War veteran buried there, 2 WWI veterans, several WWII veterans. It is hallowed ground.
One of the explanations I read re Arlington was that they still do everything on paper-can't develop a computer program to meet their needs.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I already have my spot picked out at Santa Fe National Cemetary. There's a mall across from the cemetary that has a gun store. I couldn't have planned that better if I tried.

·
Silver Bullet Member an all around excellent guy
49,848 Posts
I could assemble a team of our computer industry clients, have them assemble the programs, and have all necessary data entered and retrievable by location, plot, name of deceased, and GPS coordinate,together with remaining inventories of plots within 6 months. I'm not talking about retaining Mircosoft either, just our software resellers and their in-house code modification employees.

From there out, its a simple matter of "inventory controls"

I've literally seen bigger projects done is less time. This matter is utterly shameful.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What's really scary is that I visited the German Military Cemetary at Normandy in Sept 2007, and they had just the system you described. I was able to find dead by rank, unit, name, death date, etc from a booth in the office.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Arlington Mismanagement

I can't find info on who appointed these two losers. Or were they just career-civil-service who rose to their highest level of incompetency (the 'Peter Principle')?

Second question: Has no one there ever heard of Microsoft Excel? ...Hello? Can you spell spreadsheet?!?

·
Banned
39,944 Posts
I could assemble a team of our computer industry clients, have them assemble the programs, and have all necessary data entered and retrievable by location, plot, name of deceased, and GPS coordinate,together with remaining inventories of plots within 6 months. I'm not talking about retaining Mircosoft either, just our software resellers and their in-house code modification employees.

From there out, its a simple matter of "inventory controls"

I've literally seen bigger projects done is less time. This matter is utterly shameful.
But if they decided to do this, it would take 6 years and cost 6 times the money than if it were done by a private business.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,237 Posts
This may be a problem at all the cemeteries. When we had my father buried they got the head stone wrong the first three times. Please tell me how someone born in 1934 could have been a Col and a pilot in the USAF in WW2. He would have been 11 years old when the war ended and we did not have a USAF in WW2 it was the US Army Air Corp. till the 1950's. They just dont teach history or common sense in school.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Sometimes this lack of common sense is quite useful. When my daughter was 11 she asked me to see my school reports and I told her that they were burned in a WW2 bomb raid. Now I had my peace for a few more years.
Wolf

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.