Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...I was told you should not post links to auctions but in this case the auction is over and I won so I think its okay...I have two questions...Is the stock on this rifle supposed to be as red as it is...And is that just a messy weld job around the rear sight or some kind of metal rust...Its amazing I found this rifle at all because the seller listed it as a different rifle...Thanks...Arisaka Type 38? unknown caliber parts gun - Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com : 883237374

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I agree with John, you did very well on this auction. The stock looks to be in nice condition and any rust can be dealt with fairly easy with gun oil and super fine steel/brass wool. It’s like you got a great deal on a Type 99 and received a free bayonet.

I Explosives

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Yes, I think you've got a nice rifle hidding under the crud. I like the color of the timber just fine.
According to what some of the lesser seen bayonets are selling for currently you got a deal on that one plus a free rifle as boot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.