Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I planned to get my hands on a Type 38 for a long time, and now I've got one in reach, which got a suspicious good-looking -marked- single-piece stock.
Does any of you experts got any idea if this is an original?

I have read that either Chinese or refurbished Japanese Type 38 could have a single piece stock

Thanks you and kind regards from Germany :)

BTW: If someone know how it is possible to become an owner of BANZAI Special Project #8 "The Type 38 Arisaka". Please let me know :D

·
Silver Bullet member
15,637 Posts
Many T 38 type training rifles had one piece stocks; though most are not interchangeable/identical to a T38 "normal, 2 piece" stock.
Welcome, join the Banzai Association. The author plans a new edition of the T 38 book, and it may be this year!

·
Diamond Bullet Member
1,506 Posts
You need to show us the markings on the receiver, to determine if this is a T38 rifle or a T38 trainer.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It is a Thaï Type 83 with a 1-piece Thaï replacement stock.
As you probably know, the most part of Arisakas you and me can find in our european contries are from thai surplus.

I have seen it on eGun, bolt is mismatch, but it is in pretty nice shape !

Best regards from a neighbor. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Ho! 😄 You are right and it really looks like a huge mashup of different parts to good to be a true type 38 in Europe.
Mismath would be OK, but somehow i can not warm my heart up for a Thai type 38 😅

For anyone interested: https://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=14418848#img

@03man
Great to hear that! Really looking forward to a re-release of the Banzai Books!

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts