1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this type 99 series three Arisaka for $60:

Then I got a stock that was already sanded with the hardware I needed for $120:

Now with it all stained and shellaced and put together:

Alls I need are the front hardware screw, which are cheap. Total with the screws the cost was around $195, these are really neat rifles. Thank you all for your help!

·
Silver Bullet member
15,635 Posts
Nice job.

I'll bet this will not be your only restoration or aquisition!

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I wont believe that it was sanded, there is too much detail. Very nice, you turned a goofy looking gun into a beautiful one.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Good job. There are several people who post on the board that make replacement screws that will complet your work.

Frank

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
You did a good job getting that rifle back together.The stock looks good, they didn't get carried away sanding the finger grooves, as the other guy's have said there are members here that can help you with getting the screws.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys. Im very proud of it. I think I may have a screw lined up, but I havent heard from the guy in 4 days now, so I think he doesnt have one or he hasnt been able to get on. There is actualy very little to show that the stock was sanded. Some sandpaper marks near the bottom of the wrist area show it, but not bad at all, and not very noticable.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yugom 5966, Great restoration job! You should be proud of your workmanship.And the bluing looks great especially contrasted against the stock.

Charlie

·
Registered
490 Posts
Good job Yugo!

Another piece of vintage japanese hardware saved!!

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
You are lucky then. These were usually so shallow that any kind of sanding would take them off completely. Yours may have just been washed with scrubbing bubbles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts