Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just exactly how many are there? According to Numrich there are three, two short screws, and one long screw which is exactl what I ordered.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=1040zTYPE 99

However I received my stock and hardware after we ordered the screws, and now it looks like I may need two long ones, and not the short ones at all. Can somone help me out here and tell me which is which? Thanks

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,025 Posts
You are experiencing the "joys" of trying to bring back the dead and of being uneducated in the ways of Arisakas. Early T-99s have the three screw band, a bit later a two screw band was used. Heck some Izawa rifles even had a one screw band. All depends on what your rifle is supposed to have. Getting Military Rifles of Japan should be the first thing anyone interested in these rifles does.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,380 Posts
Early type 99 had front band using three screws one long one up front and 2 short ones in the rear securing the square cleaning rod catch. later on most makers switched to a 2 screw set up one long screw for both front and rear the rear one securing the new round threaded cleaning rod retainer.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahh great. Now it looks like I have to order another screw, and Ill have two useless screws that I paid $6.20 for. Great.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,586 Posts
Sounds like a pretty cheap learning experience. Add another $34 and you can buy a copy of MROJ or a little less and you can buy another recent T99 book.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is MROJ? This project burt up a lot of money for a while, but I can afford the extra $3.70 for another long screw, plus numrich has free standard flat rate shipping right now if your order online. Id like to get some ammo for it before I buy a book. With that said I have learned a lot about these rifles, and just how intersting and under appreciated they are by the rest of the milsurplus community.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts