Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever connected the Type 99's Arsenal and Series with years or months? At least "early 1942" etc?

I can tell my series 4 Nagoya rifle is earlier in "our" part of the war, by the quality of workmanship, but have never seen dates, as with Garands or Enfields.

And may I ask, did series run parallel to each other, in the same arsenal? I have looked at both Honeycutt/Anthony and McCollum's splendid books, but again not a clue.

Thanks!

·
Silver Bullet member
15,733 Posts
Actually the 4th series probably dates to early 1943, when the US was well into the war, just not winning much.

I compiled a chart of estimated mfg. dates, with help from Stan Z. and Edokko. It is in the T99 Arisaka book.

The eight mfgs. did not start at the same time, but the series they produced moved in progression, except for TJK where the 37th came before the 27th.

If you would like a T99 book, check out the trader forum here, or pm me.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I will get the book, you can never go wrong buying a book. And thanks for the info!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.