Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Dont have so much more to comment than in the other thread around this rifle and what to be found in the threads about CG63 and CG80 in general. In FSRs history almost always approved to convert m/96 towards a CG63 and CG63 towards a CG80 when new model was in duty. Often shooters were close or over the line of what was legal, many times drove and pushed the development with new small "inventions". Bedding of the stock was one and using foreign barrels another. Several of the most qualified shooters didnt like the CG80-stock and therefore prefered to take the best from CG80 to use on their CG63s besides the actual stock! Many FRS-members counted CG80 as a new "stock" and not a new "rifle-model".
Not bad to have a CG63 produced at GF and with m/94-system. Indicates a purpose-made and not a conversion from a m/96 sent in by a FSR-shooter. Those m/94-system were run out of stock at GF in Eskilstuna after 2-3 years I think. Mould be interesting to hear if any CG63 produced at GF with m/94-system showed up after 1966....
Will be interesting to see what barrel your rifle has (maybe norwegian?). The Söderin sight is the most common found on CG63 in my opinion followed by Elit (Elite). I kindow like your newly bought CG63 ;).

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,220 Posts
There was one of these on another forum back in Nov. of 2013. Might have been here too. It had a barrel made by a Norwegian company, Vapensmia.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Well, I have a "Vapensmia-barrel" on my FSR89 and thats why I got suspicious. GF in Eskilstuna wasnt always so happy (willing) to deliver the GF-barrel outside the factory. GF-barrel didnt get the best reputation as time went on and alternatives showed up. I have a GF-barrel on my CG80 of course ;).

·
Registered
577 Posts
Arilar: This is some what O.T. But being that the subject of the Swedish FSR has been discussed I thought I'ld ask.

Were you involved in the FSR shooting program? If so can you tell us something about how the events were conducted? Were the events (matches in terms of us Yanks) a specific format? Were they conducted at a specif distance ie 300 meter, 500 meters, 600 meters, etc Were they only conducted in the prone position? How many shots were fired? What target was used? How were the targets scored (in the States most are marked in the "pits")

Is this program still active in Sweden? If not, why?

Thanks
ptf18

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Its a BIG topic! FSRs program during 100 years has of course changed. Basicly all three shootingpositions from 1893 and later. Target nowadays the international 300 meters-target but took a long time before this came. Actually has been back and forth around this during the years. Compared to UIT (ISSF) more of rapid-shooting. 300 meters the ordinary distance for target-shooting. Field.shooting always beeing popular and important (distance out to 600 meter). Peogram still active but now FSR has merged with the Swedish UIT-shooters.
This has to be covered in separate thread in future.
Regards,
ARILAR:)

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got the rifle ! Extractor is broke :(. have been trying to contact seller with no success. Thats a $30 fix Only other marking on the barrel is on under side. There are 3 symbols I can make out an L not sure of the other 2 yet? ANY INFORMATION???

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,681 Posts
That is a typical " rune " stamped when Carl Gustaf built the CG63 originally , meaning it was pressure tested ( proofed ) . That would apply to the original CG63 barrel and not necessarily your CG80 type barrel .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.