Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is the Spanish forum, but figure it is close.

I remember seeing a reference to double-barreled, external hammber pistols in .32 ACP and .380 ACP produced in Argentina. Anyone know what these are/were?

Thanks.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
23,298 Posts
I have seen a lot of these double barrel snake guns that have come out of South America, but they were made in Spain. I have a couple in my collection ranging from 32, 38 and 44 caliber.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. Which companies made them? What was the intended market for them?

Thanks.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
23,298 Posts
I am not sure what companies made them - the ones I have are Eibar proof house marked, but no company name or monograms.

These were cheap, expedient "farm guns" used around the rural areas for shooting varmints and snakes.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Bob. :)

G

·
The term I have always heard used for these is "garrucha". Not sure if it is Portugese or Spanish in origin. Have seen all types of these--muzzleloaders, both smoothbored and rifled, pinfire, rimfire, and centerfire. They run from homemade-by-blacksmith to some decent ones made in Spain, Belgium, and Latin America, with every quality in between. Nicest one I've seen was an Orbea Hermanos in .44 Largo (=.44-40). Not sure if it was a prototype or perhaps even a fake, but it appeared to be very good quality. Even had SIGHTS!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts