Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a quantity of soft point 7.65, made in Argentina, inspection tag has it dated 1965.
Anyone have any experience with this type, corrosive, hang fire duds??
Thank
lastditch

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,042 Posts
I have some of the same stuff I have had for years but have never shot any of it.
Gary

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
It is labeled “NonCorrosive” in Spanish and tested as such for me. Shot well until I ran out 15 years ago. Storage conditions can vary greatly over 55 years so no guarantee on your batch. But your batch looks great!

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Have about 6-8 boxes of this soft point ammo. Cases are marked 7.65x54 none of them will allow the bolt to be fully closed on my 1891 Argentine mauser. Original cartridge designation is 7.65x53mm. Tried it in about three 1891 Argentine mausers I own. No go. Some where the Santa Fe arsenal screwed up with this ammo. Should have a "SF" as part of the headstamp. Unless they changed the chambering so as to allow the use of these sporting cartridges. Frank

·
Registered
291 Posts
What does that mean on the sheet of paper ( reclamo ) wonder if its reused reloaded military brass. Never seen of that ammo up here .

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
What does that mean on the sheet of paper ( reclamo ) wonder if its reused reloaded military brass. Never seen of that ammo up here .
It means “claim”...in case of a claim (problem)include this card.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts