Gunboards Forums banner

Are m73b1 repros any good?

3K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  mike radford 
I have heard mixed results, that said I sold my repro 03a4 this past summer and the gentleman that bought it swapped it out with a Lyman Alaskan and it shoots like a lazer now. This past weekend he was shooting lights out with it and iirc it is a CMP approved scope on the 03a4

Sorry to detract from the main convo but the notion of K98k being no good... Mine have been nothing farther from the the truth.

My K98k High turret shoots magnificently with S&B 196 grain FMJ and SPCE bullet at 100 yards. So the notion of K98k's repros being bad is just bad parts or setup or lack of experience with the rifle.

(forgive the messy target, shooter next to me decided to magdump near my target.)

View attachment 3760765

My single claw K98k also:

View attachment 3760767

Messing with the windage screws are a pain I'll admit.
I believe the OP was referring to K98 reproduction scopes, not K98's in general.

The question was if such repro scopes were good or not, NOT a damned thing asked about what CMP allows for their fantasy sniper match where they bent reality so crowds could have a fantasy surplus scoped rifle match. The track record of such repro sniper scopes is abysmal. Good for wall hangers , not worth your money if you intend to shoot.
And NOT a damn person claimed it to be a legit original, just an option if the OP wants to shoot his 03a4 with a scope that won't fly apart or in a CMP sanctioned event.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.