Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Gold Bullet member
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been collecting, and studying, the Makarov for just a few months. I purchased my 1961 e. german on a whim 10 years ago, and in the past 6 months I have acquired three 1961 E. germans, two circle 10 bulgarians, and five cz-82's.

I see Baikal Makarovs listed on Gunbroker, but I have not found a wholesaler that selles them.

Are any new manufacture Makarovs being imported into the US? If so, who does this? ( I want to contact the importer)

I am also looking for a Norinco 9x18, a Russian PM at this time. And, I am looking for a source for multiple .380 Makarovs for a local project.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Dan

· Gold Bullet member
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Baikal...

I checked with the Baikal website and their US Distributor is European American Armorment Corp. I called EAA regarding the importation of Baikal's and was told they do not meet the requirements for import.

Of course this is curious, because the gun industry imports Berettas, Taurus, Glocks, CZ's, etc. and although thosecompanies have US operations, they do a lot of overseas manufacturing.

So what is the requirement to bring in new pistols? They are obviously being made overseas still.

Hmmmmm..

Dan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.