Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think they are of 1953 vintage and one box is made in Tula? All three 40rd box comes with rounds on stripper clips. These are my first surplus ammo 'purchase', well actually I got these for free. I plan to shoot these in my mosin nagant rifle.
Ammunition Finger Fastener Brass Button
Box Packaging and labeling
Label
Box Technology Electronic device Carton
Technology Electronic device Ammunition
Wood Rectangle Beige
Bullet Ammunition Gun accessory Brass Ammunition belt
Ammunition Brass Metal Fastener Bullet
Metal

Attachments

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Czech ammo thanks for the information I thought it was soviet made ammo. Also I have a 7.62x25 chamber insert for the 7.62x54r caliber that's what I meant by shooting them in the mosin nagant rifle; .22lr recoil compared to the full 7.62x54r.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any idea what kind of gun or magazine can accept the 7.62x25 stripper clips? Also shot some commercial S&B Hollow point 7.62x25 from the insert today; like I said the recoil is non-existent, accuracy wise is left to be desired. Iron sight isn't calibrated for the 7.62x25 for sure(100 m the rounds are hitting way low); using some off target aiming at 100m rounds are hitting the target consistently, but can't do a group because I have to aim above the target so I cant see the target. At 200m I just stopped trying to do aimed shots and simply watch the bullets hit the berm. Bottomline the 7.62x25 out of a mosin nagant rifle can hit man sized targets at 100m and at 200m the rounds are still impacting with lethal force.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.