Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't get to go this time. Did anyone find anything worth telling about? Really wanted to meet Ken K. and all the rest of the gunboards group, but am home on a workman's comp. lay-off

caver

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Same ol same ol....DRY....DUSTY this time. Some Mak deals, no biggies. I had nearly $500 in my pocket and plenty more in the bank...spent $35 of which $5 was for eats.

I did get a super neat flashlight mount for my Bushy. Crowded but not shoulder to shoulder.

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
53,105 Posts
I spent $750...

galil mags new for $15
RPK bipod for $30
some bayo's
26.5mm flares
Traded an AR15 for a NM MAK91 milled, 75 rd drum and a 10-22 with plastic stock

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
I snagged a 1944 VKT M39 ( $225) from the range shop..cheaper than anything in the pole barn, one of those Polish trainer pellet pistols ($50) an ERMA E M1 .22 carbine ($225) and a BSA Sportsman .22($100) from Coles.

·
Silver Bullet Member
7,536 Posts
Ammo prices were 10% to 15% over available prices at AIM or Century. Kit prices same way. I got a few Hungarian 20 round AK mags for $12 each and a sealed new pack of 4 East German AK74 bakelites with 4 strippers and stripper loader and pouch and cleaning kit for $40 from Northridge. Got a 16 inch bull barrel flat top AR upper from DPMS for $415.

Nothing great at the show. Nice weather though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I spent around $500... I got a nice FAL kit, a sten mag, practically "stole" somewhere around 360 rounds of .308 ammo, a sten receiver and some other goodies :). I had a great time at the creek...

·
Gold Bullet Member/Moderator
26,649 Posts
Brass jacket

bought a 1940 Tula nagant revolver from Coles, brass water jacket for my semi Vickers, some Bren stuff and a hang over
Who had the brass water jackets? Was that IMA? I missed that, I guess. Is your semi up and running, or like mine, in the transit case waiting for Dennis to get cracking? LOL
Was a great time at the creek. Better dry than muddy, IMHO. :D
IMA had some sweet L1A1 kits, with new made barrels. Better jump on those, fellas.
Got a box of the air force .38 special ammo, 1,000 rnds for $50.00. 50 %corroded cases-we'll see how it goes. All the other ammo was high. Saw 100 rnds of South African .303 for .50 c/rnd, and the MK8 Vickers MG ammo for $175.00 for 500 on belts, in cases. Looked nice. Got a can (empty) :( I heard from someone who knows that the Mk 8 won't perform in an Enfield. :( :( :(
Was a good trip.

·
Banned
1,450 Posts
I was dissapointed in what I saw or didn't see I guess I should say. Didn't really have anything special to buy or look for but didn't see anything that ecen interested me for the prices I saw. Better luck in April hopefully.......

·
Registered
287 Posts
I did pretty well, actually. I picked up some parts I've needed for a while. Combo tool and cleaning kit for my M1A, an M60 spare barrel bag which works GREAT for folding stock AK's... and 880 rounds of Greek .30/06. I think I got a darn good deal on the .30/06 M2 ball. 220 dollars out the door for the lot... which is less then I would have paid from CMP with shipping.

I also got a few contacts for silencer manufacturers... I'm going to have one made up for my Krink. Vector had a few decent deals.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I picked up a case of 7.62x39 for $170 out the door, which is a little cheaper than ordering it with the shipping charges. G2 triggers for $25. new galil mags, 10 rnd Saiga 12gauge mag-$50, case of wolf 5.45 for $140, and a bunch of small AK parts.

I've seen the creek offer alot more, but it was still well worth the trip.

Almost forgot....I got my picture taken and a signed poster from Miss RSA (Red Star Arms)!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts