Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning on building a repro 03A4 from a heavily sportered A3 and did not want to modify an original stock. Can anyone give me any feedback on the C-stocks currently being offered by Numrich or Sarco? Thanks for your time. Lothar [email protected]

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I saw one while I was in Sarco a while ago. It is very nice looking but the wood is lighter than the original US GI Walnut wood.
Your decision....
I personally wood hunt around for an original stock.

My 1903A4 was re-arsenaled and has a Semi-pistol grip stock on it, with a SA open box proof mark. You might want to look for a Semi-pistol grip stock.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Got one for a 03 Mark I. The current stock is in bad shape. Very nice stock I thought the color was more than dark enough. Good coat of BLO and it will be great.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Numrich 1903A3 Stock

Had a '43 Remingtin 03A3 in scant stock. Postwar redo w/ mixed park/blued/stamped/forged parts. Mint bore very accurate. Scant had a seroius case of crack cancer. Ordered a Numrich C-type and handguard. Very little fitting required. Like a whole new rifle. Really a range magnet!!. Buy w/ confidence. Beautiful figured walnut.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Got one from Sarco.I like it.Dark wood,but it has a lot of tiger stripe to it so its pretty.The Smith Corona trigger guard dropped right in.A Remington wouldnt.The back edge of the loop flange hit the stock.I took about .025 off the Rem guard so it would fit.The SC guard is for a different rifle.I just checked it for fit.The only problem with the stock was that the trigger guard didnt fit deep enough in the back to allow the trigger to be in the guard 100 percent.2 minutes of fitting with the dremel,and It was good.Im happy with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts