Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local pawn shop has this rifle for sale. I'm not too familiar with FR8s, and I'm guessing this is a bubba job, but it's actually so well done I'm curious to see what you guys think? Stock appears to have been tung oiled and lightly sanded and it wears a brass buttplate. Looks like a scout scope style setup was added at some point and the wood inletted. Whoever did the work did a wonderful job. It's not really something I'm looking to buy unless it's some rare variant I've never seen before, haha.

Sorry, pics aren't the best

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
332 Posts
I tried to post a reply earlier buy my post disappeared. Apologize if this is a double post.

I don't believe scope mounts in question are Spanish military. I think these are added after importation. In addition, that scope base with windage adjustment screws ought to be mounted toward the breech, not in the front end.

·
Platinum Bullet member
20,901 Posts
Is it attached to the barrel, with cutouts thru the handguard? If the mounts are attached only to the wood, it may well be the reason it's up for sale, since it's someone else's failed project & you'll have a badly wandering zero.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it attached to the barrel, with cutouts thru the handguard? If the mounts are attached only to the wood, it may well be the reason it's up for sale, since it's someone else's failed project & you'll have a badly wandering zero.
I'm not sure, it was hard to tell without disassembly. I think I'm going to let that one be, but it would probably be a cool project rifle for somebody.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wood Grass Wood stain Trunk Pipe

Wood Metal Tool Soil Natural material

Wood Natural material Grass Automotive exterior Metal

here is a little update on this little rifle I picked this up. I immediately figured out not only had it been bubba'd with the scope mounts but it had been reemed out to 30-06. It took me the better part of a year to track down a barrel and just got it back from the smith. I also put the sling swivel back on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.