Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a table that had a few Mosins on it that I was looking at. I picked one up and it looked odd. Overall it looked like a 91/30 but the barrel shank was a lot shorter than a usual 91/30. It was marked with serial number, date of 1934 and the Izhevsk triangle and arrow. I thought maybe I'd get a good deal due to someoen assuming it was a regular 91/30 until I saw the price tag...$2800. WOW. Guess the guy knew it was different.

If anyone saw it do they have any info on it? The gentleman with it was busy talking with someone and I did not ask.

·
Administrator
3,476 Posts
Yup, Ted and I stopped by and looked at it again. It was there last year as well with a slightly lower pricetag. I tried to get Ted to buy it for me but he was too big of a cheapskate. ;)

·
Registered
259 Posts
We also went by there but ran away fast. The best one we ran across on Saturday was the guy that had the 50BMG with the 12ga mounted underneath?? So just incase you dont hit what your aiming at from 1000 yards you sneak(with a 5 foot long and 40lb rifle/shotgun) up to within 30 yards to get it?

·
Platinum Bullet Member
985 Posts
We also went by there but ran away fast. The best one we ran across on Saturday was the guy that had the 50BMG with the 12ga mounted underneath?? So just incase you dont hit what your aiming at from 1000 yards you sneak(with a 5 foot long and 40lb rifle/shotgun) up to within 30 yards to get it?
I guess that's better than carrying a 30 yard bayonet......!!!!!!

Cass

·
Platinum Bullet member
223 Posts
The guys name is Joe. I don't know anything about the Trials Rifles, but the other items on his table were indeed unique in one way or other. He knows a lot about Russian handguns. Stop by and talk to him and you will learn a lot, IMHO.

·
Administrator
19,287 Posts
Joe Leper. He used to be a member here but Tuco cheesed him off. Told him Nagant revolvers were good for fishing weights....:D

I've looked at his trial rifles for years but alas they are a pit pricey. He's had them there several years ina row.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.