Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daisy Dirt Guns! Talk about liability, things were simpler when I was young. Found this picture on the web and it brought back memories of epic battles. I don't think they would be accepted by today's society. We were pro 2nd amendment and didn't even know it! View attachment 1885314

·
Registered
127 Posts
Oh yea, a lot of memories there,my brother and I were playing cowboys and indians,I was behind a hay bale in the barn shooting dirt clogs at him and he was shooting arrows at me. Well to make a long story short he nailed me in the forehead with a tipples arrow and in stuck.
Went running in the house with the arrow sticking out of my head and my Mothers reaction was to tell me to go outside and pull that thing out of my head and stop getting blood all over her floor, boys will be boys!

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Ahh, those were the days. We used to have bb gun wars all the time when I was young. But, we had rules, no shots above the waist, and for those of us who had Pneumatic guns, no more than 5 pumps. A few of us were even smart enough to wear safety glasses. I still remember the guy I shot in the back of the leg while he was running for cover. Jumped like a rabbit. Good times.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
100,623 Posts
You'll shoot your eye out!
That is not as funny as you might think - another kid (NOT during a BB gun war as usually considered) shot me with a Daisy. In the eye. Summer between third and fourth grade. HURT, a lot. Nearly lost the eye (found that out years later) and wound up going into glasses. Caused me to have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get a commission in later years as well. And limited my military service to Combat Service Support branches.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I just grabbed 3 BB guns off Gorgon off this forum, so my boys can have the same experience I did at that age.

However, after dating the BB guns to the late 1940's, it's tough to hand them over to two rowdy kids. Oh well, right?

·
Gold Bullet member
14,242 Posts
Today's Red Ryders are much more lethal/harmful if used irresponsibly. I can shoot primers at 10 yds. The FPS is more like 400 vs 150 in my childhood.

I have an extensive airgun collection. Today I shot my 22 Gamo and had one ragged hole at 25 yds. I shot through half inch of pine at 25 yds, no problem. Hitting a dime at 25 yds is very doable. These are now serious weapons, more so than the 1960s so please be cautious.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
100,623 Posts
Today's Red Ryders are much more lethal/harmful if used irresponsibly. I can shoot primers at 10 yds. The FPS is more like 400 vs 150 in my childhood.

I have an extensive airgun collection. Today I shot my 22 Gamo and had one ragged hole at 25 yds. I shot through half inch of pine at 25 yds, no problem. Hitting a dime at 25 yds is very doable. These are now serious weapons, more so than the 1960s so please be cautious.
Do you have any experience with .25 caliber air-guns? Am thinking about getting one in that size (no, I don't know why, just seems interesting).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.